JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When this came up last year,there was a link to a news article and the county's allegations where that the range had changed a lot. Longer shooting hours,classes that weren't a part of the range when the permits were issued and that had much rapid fire . Building without permits.
Like I said allegations.
But if you have a GUN range (ANYTHING) and you just change things around,build without permits (money to the county) or anything questionable,this is what the public and municipalities will do.
They want to shut anything guns down.
I believe permits on building on your own land or horse bubblegum,BUT it's a money issue.Again,I don't know that that happened.
The county and residents say the range went from a 9am-6 or 7pm shoot,to like 7am-9pm? (been a while)
So now you are waking up to gun fire and putting the kids to bed to gun fire.
The last one was it became a school or had lessons and that was an issue with the county somehow.Probably more money

All I'm saying is this isn't just a "well they built the houses next to the range" argument.And as a noisy,gun related business,you are the first one that will get picked on. Maybe they are well within their rights to have made all the changes they did.
But obviously the neighbors and the county don't see it that way.

The Club will remain closed for a while. <broken link removed>

Serko's previous ruling declared the shooting range a public nuisance, because of increased noise and because of the potential of stray bullets striking people and property in the neighboring community.
The County claimed during the trial that two bullets left the range and damaged private property since 1926. Their evidence was sketchy at best. This makes shooting at the KRRC one of the safest recreational activities we can participate in around here. Kitsap County exempts shooting areas from noise regulations during shooting hours. This means that noise complaints should have had no bearing on the Judge's order.

The club is now about half the size is was a year ago, I think it may go under and the land transferred to the County. The next step could be to ask the appeals court to grant a stay of the judge's order pending a hearing on the appeal.

Ranb

ETA: I need a place in Mason County to shoot my big bore suppressed rifles; anyone know of a place? Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top