JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sadly the legal system is a mess. We all pay for this crap with everything every day. We really need reform for this but sadly few seem to care.

Oh, I hear often that there is a need for tort reform. The problem is that there is little to no support for it at any legislative level... the people like to have their big settlement awards!!! IMO at the very least we need a penalty for frivolous suits, it should be easier for a judge to kick a bad case to the curb and there should be a stiff penalty assessed to the ones that brought the case.

The defendants' insurers are paying for the defense. The plaintiffs' backers, potentially some special interest group, pay for the plaintiffs' legal fees. The court personnel and facilities are funded by the state taxpayers. Depending on the jurisdiction the parties pay offset fees each time they file a motion or a lawsuit.

The defendants' insurers are paying for the defense. The plaintiffs' backers, potentially some special interest group, pay for the plaintiffs' legal fees. The court personnel and facilities are funded by the state taxpayers. Depending on the jurisdiction the parties pay offset fees each time they file a motion or a lawsuit.

Thank you for that clarification! That is a whole lot easier to understand

Put simply I don't understand quite a few of the intricacies involved with legal cases that get drug on and on, if it was dismissed "with prejudice" that sounds like a complete shut down right? However I'm seeing that an appeal was filed....on what grounds I would wonder, and as mentioned above who the hell is paying for all of this?!?!?

It's normal -- the idea is that a decision should be reviewable to ensure it wasn't made arbitrarily or improperly. We wouldn't have the Heller decision if such a process did not exist -- rather, DC would have simply won.

Holy crap, this is a dangerous statement. You could easily substitute 'use of assault weapons' with 'automobiles, Alcohol, Kitchen Knives, Hammers, Rocks, fists, feet ...
According to CDC (2017 statistics):
- 37,133 die as a result of automobile accident (of those over 6000 were innocent pedestrians)
- ~88,000 alcohol related (62K men, 26K women)
- 39,773 died by gun in the US, of those, 23,854 were suicide
- - of the ~15,000 murders (FBI numbers - CDC doesn't track this detail. Numbers rounded off):
- - - 370 were by rifle (AR/AK47 are in this number)
- - - 7000 by handgun
- - - 3000 by firearm (type not stated)
- - - 1600 by knife
- - - 660 by hands or feet
- - - 470 by hammers or clubs

According to FBI - "FBI reports that more people are killed each year using blunt objects or "personal weapons" (fists, hands or feet) than are killed using rifles. Rifles are used in a small fraction of gun homicides."

But then using statistics to argue with the emotional snowflake libtards is like pissing on a forest fire. It does no good and you come away with a nasty smell stuck in your nostrils...

However, if you are going to take that dog to court, he is gonna have trouble hunting "assault weapon", which matters not in the court of public opinion, but should matter a great deal in the appeal.

Not saying that it will - But if I was going to argue, I would likely start there.

I can think of all sorts of other public nuisances that effect businesses far more than guns.......like the homeless problem? Maybe this sets precedent for business owners not being able to sue the inept city executives and councils....
Crime in general.

In a previous life, I was a photographer. Jacob Riis's How the Other Half Lives was wildly influential not just on me but to many, many people at its time and through the years. (How the Other Half Lives - Wikipedia)

I had an idea for running a non-profit whereby I would open up a darkroom in the inner city area and open it up for before/after school for youth to teach them a useful skill and to show that they can make a positive difference in their community.

It's still an idea that I toy with, though everyone I've talked to was quick to point out that 1) I'd never be trusted anyway with all of the racial tension in the country and 2) my supplies would probably be stolen on day 1, either from my shop or from the students directly (even if they were only ~1970's cameras worth ~$50 today).

There's a reason that neighborhoods turn to crap. As soon as the first business suffers, every other business looks to leave. When all the business is gone, there's nothing else but a vicious cycle.

The face of tyranny...Louis Matthews...Dublin, Ohio, owner of several nightclubs in Columbus , Ohio including The XO Nightclub at which address is the registered agent of Primus Group, LLC of Columbus, OH. Louis Matthews IS the registered agent and IS Primus Group, LLC.

20191019_022710.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top