JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I found it. Duplicating this KOIN survey can assist in the RECALL EFFORT! MAKE A LARGE POSTER OF IT.

Yes and using that snipping tool that Joe Link showed all of us earlier is a good tool to capture that stuff off their pages like I did these poll results.

Look at all the recent brutal crimes on the same site as the Poll that will never be mentioned by the anti-gun Progressives.
Ironic how no guns were used but it doesn't matter. If they felt a need to get a gun they would have no trouble no matter what restrictions they pass in Salem. The gun safe bill they are trying to pass might make it easier for them as they will know exactly where to look.
All these creeps about doing harm and they want to infringe on law abiding Citizens 2ndA Rights!

Who keeps voting them in?
upload_2015-5-12_20-44-3.png upload_2015-5-12_20-45-32.png

But, who can trust this poll any more than any other poll, especially when it's repeated over and over that everyone should vote repeatedly from every device and account they have, and then clear cache/cookies or use in-private voting to keep voting over and over. I understand the fact that the opposition does this as well, but in something like this, I'd be confident that the numbers would be drastically in our favor anyway, so I wish people didn't do that, and we could actually see what the data really is, to the extent that's possible. Not to mention that anyone can come read these forums and when people see this type of stuff (i.e. syncing to the level of the people we're battling against), it just affects our credibility. e.g. if someone says "hey look at this poll data," then the first thing I'd do is go look someplace like these forums, search for it, and find these posts, and say "hey, you can't trust that, all these people are trying to skew the data." I know others do, but I just don't think we have to when truth is on our side. Just my thoughts on the matter. No offense to anyone intended.

But, who can trust this poll any more than any other poll, especially when it's repeated over and over that everyone should vote repeatedly from every device and account they have, and then clear cache/cookies or use in-private voting to keep voting over and over. I understand the fact that the opposition does this as well, but in something like this, I'd be confident that the numbers would be drastically in our favor anyway, so I wish people didn't do that, and we could actually see what the data really is, to the extent that's possible. Not to mention that anyone can come read these forums and when people see this type of stuff (i.e. syncing to the level of the people we're battling against), it just affects our credibility. e.g. if someone says "hey look at this poll data," then the first thing I'd do is go look someplace like these forums, search for it, and find these posts, and say "hey, you can't trust that, all these people are trying to skew the data." I know others do, but I just don't think we have to when truth is on our side. Just my thoughts on the matter. No offense to anyone intended.

Do you really give a damn. They are all a joke anyway. We can use them just the same as the liberals do. They lie and cheat and bribe and pull every underhanded thing that is possible

Truth is the idiot voters in Oregon voted in a majority leftist House and Senate, and not much means a damned thing till we either recall them all or vote them out.

You have a burr under your saddle ROFLOL

P.S. Yeah, I couldn't find the results ANYWHERE on their web site now, but I saved a screen shot of both the question and the earlier results (when there were a total of 2553 votes) and we were sitting at 87% against, but if I had to make a conservative guess before all the extra duplicate voting happened, it would probably be 60-70% against, since that's what the first couple of posts indicated. And even at that rate, 30-40% for is a far cry from "81% of Oregonians."

I wonder what the required number of votes would be to have 90-95% confidence and a 3% margin of error. Maybe I'll do the math tomorrow when I'm less tired. It would be interesting to know if a poll this small is statistically useful at all. :) (Though I've heard, during the hearings I think, that the sample size for the "81% support" statistic only had a sample size of around 1000, but not for sure on that.)

Do you really give a damn. They are all a joke anyway. We can use them just the same as the liberals do. They lie and cheat and bribe and pull every underhanded thing that is possible

Truth is the idiot voters in Oregon voted in a majority leftist House and Senate, and not much means a damned thing till we either recall them all or vote them out.

You have a burr under your saddle ROFLOL

Well, I guess I just figure it's good to try and have more integrity than the people you're mad at for not having any integrity.

Again, no offense, but I'm a scientific/data/numbers/logic/truth kinda guy, so to the extent that we want things to be better, I think we need to be part of the change we want to see.

Imagine, the cognitive dissonance the opposition might feel if they saw this poll, and then search around and read a thread like this, but the posts contained people urging each other to only vote once and let the data/truth speak for itself. ;-) "I know it's impossible, but maybe we're wrong, but no, that's impossible, <repeat ad infinitum>." They might enter an infinite loop, and overrun their instruction pointer, and do something on their own for once, instead of just following instructions. ;-) Okay, yeah, I'm an IT guy, and maybe that analogy/joke might be lost on some, but trust me, it's both applicable and funny. LOL

P.S. Yeah, I couldn't find the results ANYWHERE on their web site now, but I saved a screen shot of both the question and the earlier results (when there were a total of 2553 votes) and we were sitting at 87% against, but if I had to make a conservative guess before all the extra duplicate voting happened, it would probably be 60-70% against, since that's what the first couple of posts indicated. And even at that rate, 30-40% for is a far cry from "81% of Oregonians."

I wonder what the required number of votes would be to have 90-95% confidence and a 3% margin of error. Maybe I'll do the math tomorrow when I'm less tired. It would be interesting to know if a poll this small is statistically useful at all. :) (Though I've heard, during the hearings I think, that the sample size for the "81% support" statistic only had a sample size of around 1000, but not for sure on that.)

A HINT 6, ie;CBS is about as left of a news station as there is, so don't take any poll from their site too seriously. They won't be running around telling anyone, as it goes 100% against their total agenda anyway/
They used skewed numbers to feed the legislators all crap to begin with. Those were all lies in about the same proportion. Some payback is a good thing.
You really take all this way too serious. They already used the corkscrew on everyone in the state. They passed the bill under bogus blanket of lies and then cheated with that ridiculous emergency clause so no one could vote on it, because they knew they would lose. What that was .was tyranny in bright red letters. They will pay for their deeds eventually though.

What I did notice when the website was posted here, a small bunch of yes votes popped up in a group right after, so My bet is the trolls here were there voting right away.
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Then I noticed a couple complaints about the voting as well....
Most folks thought it was great, but a few didn't so another Hmmmmm ROFLOL

Well, I guess I just figure it's good to try and have more integrity than the people you're mad at for not having any integrity.

Again, no offense, but I'm a scientific/data/numbers/logic/truth kinda guy, so to the extent that we want things to be better, I think we need to be part of the change we want to see.

Imagine, the cognitive dissonance the opposition might feel if they saw this poll, and then search around and read a thread like this, but the posts contained people urging each other to only vote once and let the data/truth speak for itself. ;-) "I know it's impossible, but maybe we're wrong, but no, that's impossible, <repeat ad infinitum>." They might enter an infinite loop, and overrun their instruction pointer, and do something on their own for once, instead of just following instructions. ;-) Okay, yeah, I'm an IT guy, and maybe that analogy/joke might be lost on some, but trust me, it's both applicable and funny. LOL

Again there are no accurate polls on the Internet. They are ALL biased one way or the other. Theirs just backfired.
In that I mean it is far more accurate as is than they will ever admit !

If people only voted once, there would still be a considerable favorable outcome for the no column. Because there aren't any forums or communities that are specific to anti gun other than the standard issue moms demand action tea and crumpets gathering in the front room. That being said, I do think there is a chance to repeal if it actually went to a vote.

If people only voted once, there would still be a considerable favorable outcome for the no column. Because there aren't any forums or communities that are specific to anti gun other than the standard issue moms demand action tea and crumpets gathering in the front room. That being said, I do think there is a chance to repeal if it actually went to a vote.

It would never had a chance of passing had it gone to a vote and that is exactly why they used tyrannical means to pass it with that phony emergency clause.
The haunting is yet to come upon them...................

I see on the KOIN website, a person can create there own poll. Maybe someone here should create one asking about our recent abuse of government authority declaring an EMERGENCY to pass legislation, when there was no emergency..? o_O

There is another way to look at this. The other side got their bill passed, claiming 80+% of Oregonians were in favor of this bill. That is pure BS and we all know it. We know about their sampling. We know what areas they looked at (heavily favoring Multnomah county), yet when called on it, repeatedly, they ignored us. So, putting up results like these can be used to demonstrate how unreliable the polls really can be, especially when there is an ideological agenda driving the results. Of course they could come here and see the discussion, they can also check the IP addresses and trackbacks to this site on many who clicked on the link here. So, what to do with that?

Simple. Show them that any poll can be skewed/flawed, and it shouldn't be used to force through policy. If they really cared about numbers, they would have paid attention to the 10's of thousands of emails, calls and letters in opposition. They don't care about the real results, but we can use polls like this one to make them look like idiots. Show them how anyone can manipulate the results to support their outcome, which is exactly what they did.

Personally, I just think it's funny every time they put these darn polls up and it just gets completely screwed by a particular side. That should be enough to tell them to stop using them, but they insist on continuing to do so, and we should continue doing it as well. They are playing dirty politics, and playing clean politics got us where we are today. We need to fight back with the same weapons, call them out and put them on the spot. Anything less will end up in more defeat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top