JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll take the dangers of living in a free society vs. the security of needing permission to leave our homes.

Will I or anyone on this board ever be the victim of this game? Doubtful.

Will I or anyone on this board ever be the victim of a bad law taking away freedom which was designed to protect us? Already happening.

The old a and defenseless will not be targets for very long. Obama's death panels will see to that.

Then Sovereigns can move into the empty houses and all shall be well and those who sit around
one of the White House can be content.

Sheldon

Burt if you are out and looking all around and always looking behind you that gives you away as afraid and thus a potential target.

Not if you are not obvious about it. Do you ever watch 'street people' how they move and jive about as they walk? Like they are totally at ease and just strolling along, turning on their feet; like they are in a good mood or just a little rowdy. That is something they learned to do.

It is possible to be very aware, looking around you, shifting positions, etc, as you travel without looking like you are paranoid or scared.

Here, practice this in the privacy of your own living room and then take the new found attitude out to Rockwood! HAHA

Last edited by a moderator:
Burt, I'm the same way but subtle about it. Most people would see me and not realize I've already located them and categorized their threat potential. Few people can do this and not look like a fearful lemming

The real solution is to rid our nation of all such miscreants, so our women and old folks can safely walk our streets, but that's "hurtful" and might even be wassist, even though I would include all meth heads and such in the exit stage left doctrine

Wishful thinking. :D

Until then, we need to teach our family and friends to be aware of their surroundings and try not to put themselves in any unnecessary danger.

I'll take the dangers of living in a free society vs. the security of needing permission to leave our homes.

Will I or anyone on this board ever be the victim of this game? Doubtful.

Will I or anyone on this board ever be the victim of a bad law taking away freedom which was designed to protect us? Already happening.

I was a victim of this "game" in 1968 at age 8. Older, bigger black kid in my school who turned on all whites after MLK was shot. He had taught me Western boxing (father was golden gloves or something) and I had thought us on friendly terms. Sad thing for my attacker is I was a natural and had some martial arts training and used a rearward horizontal kick to his nutsack, leaving him writhing in agony. Since that time I've faced off roving packs of several types/races including white druggies with a drawn piece. It seems some of you haven't gotten out much ;)

Burt, take a vitamin d bro, it's dreary and dark out there :cool:

So, situtional awareness. In the first video 3 people are shown getting KO'd.

It's hard to comment on the first one (the bigger guy giving directions) because the camera doesn't show the full context, but he allowed the attacker into his bubble.

Second one, the teacher carrying the briefcase: Two full paces before he got hit you can see one of the guys in the approaching group crossing over towards him in a predatory manner/posture. Teacher should have seen that coming a mile away.

Third one, the attacker runs up behind the woman and cold-clocks her. I don't know about you, but if I hear footsteps running up behind me, I'm going to turn around and see what's up.

Again, not enough context to comment on the first case, but in the second and third cases there were signs of danger that should have been clear to both victims (and likely were if you look at their postural changes). Both of them kind of tense up and hunker down, presumably hoping for the best. It shows that they both did, on some level, have situational awareness, but willfully chose to ignore it (good ol' normalcy bias). There were some comments earlier about how they couldn't have defended themselves anyway. Well, just about anyone can duck. Even if it doesn't work 100% of the time it will certainly lower your chances of getting decked straight off. So, for someone with no defensive training: duck to avoid the punch (maybe get jostled or shoved or knocked off balance or whatever), and run away. Preferably to a location with more people around (note that all 3 cases involved the victim walking or standing alone). Try to draw attention to what's going on. Criminals tend not to like attention while they're committing crimes.

Just my observations, take them for what you will.

Not if you are not obvious about it. Do you ever watch 'street people' how they move and jive about as they walk? Like they are totally at ease and just strolling along, turning on their feet; like they are in a good mood or just a little rowdy. That is something they learned to do.

It is possible to be very aware, looking around you, shifting positions, etc, as you travel without looking like you are paranoid or scared.

I spent some time living in El Salvador and Guatemala, before, during, and after the period that the MS-13 Gangmembers started returning to Central America from the US. From about 1994 onward, crime started increasing, people quit going out at night if they didn't have to, and street crime rose dramatically. As a white foreigner, I knew I was a target, and learned to always walk with increased situational awareness. I returned to Guatemala in 2005, with my Japanese wife, but the cultural changes were too much, and we returned to Japan, then eventually, back to the US. Always looking behind my shoulder was no way to go through life, and it's one reason I stay away from certain areas as much as I can, especially with a family.

What I'm saying bro is that situational awareness as a pedestrian is no good if you have nothing to truly back it up. I've only been sucker punched once and I was a nice 17 year old kid trying to diffuse a real jerk with a free beer from the party ice chest.. it was a hell of a fight regardless.. he wanted to prove he was tougher than his buddy I had beaten in a fight of honor. But never again will I be that foolish

WOW. That also happened to me in Ft. Lauderdale back in 76, was at a HS grad party (for our co worker) & these punks ran out of beer & wanted to get into our cooler & it happened so fast, popped right behind the left ear (the one that causes my dizziness nowadays). No way in the world could I have known it was coming with all the ruckus that was goin on...

I spent some time living in El Salvador and Guatemala, before, during, and after the period that the MS-13 Gangmembers started returning to Central America from the US. From about 1994 onward, crime started increasing, people quit going out at night if they didn't have to, and street crime rose dramatically. As a white foreigner, I knew I was a target, and learned to always walk with increased situational awareness. I returned to Guatemala in 2005, with my Japanese wife, but the cultural changes were too much, and we returned to Japan, then eventually, back to the US. Always looking behind my shoulder was no way to go through life, and it's one reason I stay away from certain areas as much as I can, especially with a family.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!!
Don't put yourself in those situations.
Yes,there is always a choice.

I would be most interested to see a statistical counting of which ethnic groups are doing the knockout game. If it turns out that one group appears to be the one primarily responsible for engaging in knock out sucker punches, those people sure aren't doing their ethnic group's stereo type any favors.

If one group is primarily responsible for this behavior, people will begin saying "See, the (put ethnic group here) are the ones doing the knockout stuff..no wonder people are afraid of 'em, and think poorly of them."

I am old, but have fast reflexes, hit like a hammer, and can still run wind sprints pretty well at 215 lbs. Not claiming to be some bad ***, but I would like to be targeted for this knockout thing IF I could see it coming. I am one of those guys that don't look like I can handle myself, but yes I can. Plus I have a planet head. Like UFC Joe Rogan said, if you want to know how easy or hard a fighter will be to knock out, just look at the size of their head. In 90%+ cases, that is the determining factor lol.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top