JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally I believe situational awareness is more important to defend against something like this vs being a Kung Fu or MMA master. Anyone can be the victim of a sucker punch, period. The key is not putting yourself in that situation in the first place, if that is possible.

Personally I believe situational awareness is more important to defend against something like this vs being a Kung Fu or MMA master. Anyone can be the victim of a sucker punch, period. The key is not putting yourself in that situation in the first place, if that is possible.

A lot of these attacks were random- just people walking down the streets in broad daylight.

Situational awareness is paramount (as Burt pointed out). Many people seen getting knocked out had their hands full and/or weren't really paying attention. The truth of the matter is that attacks can come from anyone, anywhere at anytime. Nevertheless, these guys would intentionally pick people not paying attention or unable to defend themselves. One, I saw, was a big guy that was actually pointing out directions and was punched at an oblique front.

Letting people within lunging distance, unaware of your surroundings (i.e. on your cell phone) and having your hands full of items seam to be the targets of this game.

Stay safe out there guys.

The truth is most of the victims were totally incapable of defending themselves even were they alert.. and predators like these bangsters can detect that weakness. Study how lions or hyenas or wolves pick out the weakest herd animals to take down

Riot has a great point, walking and talking on cell phones or carrying things, like you guys said situational awareness, but what of the older folks whose reflexes aren't as sharp?

Riot has a great point, walking and talking on cell phones or carrying things, like you guys said situational awareness, but what of the older folks whose reflexes aren't as sharp?

We rescue and train Rotties.. when we are too old to fight a pack attack they still can. It's not as much about age or size as attitude and natural ability

Watch the knockout of a female at about 50 seconds.. this is what happens when you allow wild hyenas to roam your streets

Last edited by a moderator:

What I'm saying bro is that situational awareness as a pedestrian is no good if you have nothing to truly back it up. I've only been sucker punched once and I was a nice 17 year old kid trying to diffuse a real jerk with a free beer from the party ice chest.. it was a hell of a fight regardless.. he wanted to prove he was tougher than his buddy I had beaten in a fight of honor. But never again will I be that foolish

I believe the 'game' is to walk up and knock someone out who is totally unprepared for it.

Regardless, if your antennas as also up, and you are aware of your surrounds chances are this cannot happen to you, even if you are old, slow, feeble. They aren't interested in someone who 'see's it coming.'

.. all that said ... I hope it doesn't sound like I am playing into fear mongering since the odds of being a victim of this is about as great as being the victim of a 'terrorist.'

After all, it is always to the advantage of our controllers to have us mistrusting, hating, and fighting one another and never looking their direction. The people who are crafting our decent into tyranny thrive on stuff like this.

I believe the 'game' is to walk up and knock someone out who is totally unprepared for it.

Regardless, if your antennas as also up, and you are aware of your surrounds chances are this cannot happen to you, even if you are old, slow, feeble. They aren't interested in someone who 'see's it coming.'

I think this is key. If you're 'situationally aware', it shows. And it's all about low to no risk for these kids, so you just made someone else the preferred target if you appear 'aware' enough.

It's the same in airports. Tons of pickpocketing and theft going on, but if there's the choice between that experienced traveler who scans the environment or the traveling family who lets their 10 year old 'guard' their 25 suitcases while he's playing on his ayayayphone, the 'scanner' will have no trouble.

15 Year Old Girl Takes Knockout "Game" Attacks Right to the Door of Elderly Victims

Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:29
<broken link removed>

Also.... <broken link removed>

A 15 year old Florida girl has been arrested for two Knockout "Game" attacks on elderly men. Even more horrifying than the random assaults that occur when people are out in public, these men were at their own homes when they were brutalized.

Cellphone pictures taken by a concerned neighbor helped identify Traveshia Blanks, of Fort Myers, Florida, who was part of a group of teenagers who randomly attacked a 72 year old man who was working in his yard.
"I was in shock. Who would expect anything from out of the blue to happen like that. There's no reason had I done something or said something," said the 72-year-old Fort Myers victim.
The victim stated that while he was weeding his garden, someone kicked him from behind, knocking him to the ground. The victim says he saw a teenage girl laughing at him before she walked back to join a larger group of teens.
"I didn't hear anything. There was nobody in the area at all. It was very quiet [when] all of a sudden I felt a blow to my hip and I was on the ground. I turned around to see what happened and there was a girl standing there laughing," he said. (source)

This video is made even more disturbing by the sound of perverse laughter as the teenage girl struck the elderly man.

Continued.....

Burt, please watch that girl being taken down and please tell us how the fork she could have seen it coming without rear view mirrors?

She can't, but if she was a Black Belt or an MMA star it wouldn't have helped either.

If she was constantly on guard, looking back every 50' or so, checking her six she may not have been a victim.

There is no absolute answer, but I know when I am in a questionable area (specifically - like Rockwood LOL) my head is on a rotating turret. Like that chick in the Exorcist. I've never been in the military, but I just think that way. Like going out to eat. Always facing the door, knowing where the exits are, where cover is; I can't help it.

Burt, I'm the same way but subtle about it. Most people would see me and not realize I've already located them and categorized their threat potential. Few people can do this and not look like a fearful lemming

The real solution is to rid our nation of all such miscreants, so our women and old folks can safely walk our streets, but that's "hurtful" and might even be wassist, even though I would include all meth heads and such in the exit stage left doctrine

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top