JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is good to be aware of threats like this one, as well as carjackers and plain old-fashioned muggers. There is another threat I'm noticing up here in the Seattle area, and that is drivers who deliberately act like jerks (cut you off, or start out at a green light then slam on their brakes) then watch you carefully to see how you react. If you are not submissive they can come out of their vehicles and confront you, possibly enjoying the drama and provocation, a power game for sure.

Maybe a topic for another thread; but my point is that threats can come from many sources in any place, I think it is a mistake to believe there IS any such thing as a "safe part of town." If you could get there, anyone else with a vehicle can get there too, including gated communities.

Bottom line: being able to project a public façade of friendly cheerfulness while staying "in the yellow" inside your head is a good skill to master. Be thinking, if this person reaches for my shirt, how will I deflect the approach? If the driver that cut me off for no good reason wants me to start yelling, how close will I let them get?

Plan for contingencies, stay out of the "white" (state of alertness, Cooper Tactical Codes) until you are home.

My personal attitude is when I leave home I am walking out of the green zone and into domestic Baghdad.

I would be most interested to see a statistical counting of which ethnic groups are doing the knockout game. If it turns out that one group appears to be the one primarily responsible for engaging in knock out sucker punches, those people sure aren't doing their ethnic group's stereo type any favors.

If one group is primarily responsible for this behavior, people will begin saying "See, the (put ethnic group here) are the ones doing the knockout stuff..no wonder people are afraid of 'em, and think poorly of them."
I think we all know who's doing it, just like we know who does those "flash mob" shoplifting sprees that usually prey on mom n' pop stores. ;)

It is good to be aware of threats like this one, as well as carjackers and plain old-fashioned muggers. There is another threat I'm noticing up here in the Seattle area, and that is drivers who deliberately act like jerks (cut you off, or start out at a green light then slam on their brakes) then watch you carefully to see how you react. If you are not submissive they can come out of their vehicles and confront you, possibly enjoying the drama and provocation, a power game for sure.

Maybe a topic for another thread; but my point is that threats can come from many sources in any place, I think it is a mistake to believe there IS any such thing as a "safe part of town." If you could get there, anyone else with a vehicle can get there too, including gated communities.

Bottom line: being able to project a public façade of friendly cheerfulness while staying "in the yellow" inside your head is a good skill to master. Be thinking, if this person reaches for my shirt, how will I deflect the approach? If the driver that cut me off for no good reason wants me to start yelling, how close will I let them get?

Plan for contingencies, stay out of the "white" (state of alertness, Cooper Tactical Codes) until you are home.

My personal attitude is when I leave home I am walking out of the green zone and into domestic Baghdad.

Just wanted to add that while many may see leaving the area or fleeing as an act of cowardice or submissing to a foe that it is always better to live another day than to try to play the hero. Your safety is paramount, not your pride. Let it go and move on with your life. Call the police, keep driving in circles, drop your arm full of groceries on the floor and just leave.

About a year or two ago I remember hearing a story of two guys arguing in line at the grocery store. To make a long story short, they started to wrestle around and a gun ended up being taken from one of the guys. From what I could tell from witnesses interviewed, most people defaulted to the guy with the gun was automatically in the wrong (people automatically associate "gun" with "bad guy" unless it is followed by "police" after an incident). That, alone should tell you something...right or wrong you will be acosted by the public for being involved in the altercation in the first place.

You guys ever see this video?
Russian Driver Destroys Knife-Wielding Road Rage Bully's Door - YouTube

Russia road rage incident...dude pulls out a knife, other guy drives off. If he had a gun could he have shot him? Damn skippy...but the first thing I would ask is "why didn't he just drive away?"

Lastly, there is no "safe zone". Even in your home you should go back to yellow every time your door gets a knock or your dog starts to perk up. Any place you believe is safe is an illusion...it's just an area where you think you're safe.

Not a hate crime, only whites do those.

I've always known that in Portland if you want to avoid a ride to jail after a fight just go right into Gay mode. I mean finger snapping, umm hmm girlfriend, holding your legs together like you have to pee.

The other guy will be hauled off while you get to go home.

If you are white it is about your only move, your only get out of jail free card. Practice in front of a mirror if you have to ....

I've always known that in Portland if you want to avoid a ride to jail after a fight just go right into Gay mode. I mean finger snapping, umm hmm girlfriend, holding your legs together like you have to pee.

If you are white it is about your only move, your only get out of jail free card. Practice in front of a mirror if you have to ....

You're shameless. :s0114:

Burt, your pragmatism is admirable.

I am old, but have fast reflexes, hit like a hammer, and can still run wind sprints pretty well at 215 lbs. Not claiming to be some bad ***, but I would like to be targeted for this knockout thing IF I could see it coming. I am one of those guys that don't look like I can handle myself, but yes I can. Plus I have a planet head. Like UFC Joe Rogan said, if you want to know how easy or hard a fighter will be, just look at the size of their head. In 90%+ cases, that is the determining factor lol.

I have Kenpo training, but I'm too broken to fight, therefore I carry.

That is great Burt.............." I was justht thitting here talking to my lover Jonny and thisth guy thstarts hitting me" (try the lisp thing)
Would a good cry help? lol

I really did used to tell a buddy of mine if I ever get pushed into a fight WE ARE A GAY COUPLE .... and if you don't go along with that I am going to beat the living crap out of you later .... hung out at country bars for a while and them boys love to fight ..... ok, if I had to, but I feared the ride in the police car much worse than if I 'won' or lost a fight with some idiot.

Of course, I know fist fighting in or out behind some bar with a lowlife is the last thing I wanted (second to last thing). There are a lot of Neanderthals out there that don't leave you much choice however. Post-fight this would be me on the left - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXf6oYafHtQ In fact, I'd be maybe worse - no PC ride for me!

If the other guy got the worse of it I'd punch my own face a few times, tear my shirt, all that .... hahaha. HELLO OFFICER!!

I really did used to tell a buddy of mine if I ever get pushed into a fight WE ARE A GAY COUPLE .... and if you don't go along with that I am going to beat the living crap out of you later .... hung out at country bars for a while and them boys love to fight ..... ok, if I had to, but I feared the ride in the police car much worse than if I 'won' or lost a fight with some idiot.

Of course, I know fist fighting in or out behind some bar with a lowlife is the last thing I wanted (second to last thing). There are a lot of Neanderthals out there that don't leave you much choice however. Post-fight this would be me on the left - Men on Film III - YouTube In fact, I'd be maybe worse - no PC ride for me!

If the other guy got the worse of it I'd punch my own face a few times, tear my shirt, all that .... hahaha. HELLO OFFICER!!

I'm at a lose fer words

Don't mess with little old ladies "BRO" (is that a politically incorrect term?? It is! . . . GOOD)!!

That looks like t might be a Desert Eagle handgun.

I know that some on this forum will object to me pointing out that the homeless guy said the attackers were black. I suppose they attacked her because they were POOR AND DISADVANTAGED, or maybe they were seeking reparations!!

Good shooting Grandma!!!!!

Sheldon

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top