JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ive fell for this scam once last year..........they come to my door late one night and said that they are going around shampooing and cleaning your carpets for free and want to show off their product to you.....an hour into them cleaning my carpets i was impressed with what it could do and slowly the sales pitches start to come out...he'll try to sell you the very machine he's using...i think he quoted me 2499.99...i freaked and told him i dont need him to continue the carpet and advised him to leave......he was so persistent in trying to sell the machine and even used his family as an excuse that he needed the commision to get by...i felt for him but stood my ground and asked him to leave....he then used his cellphone to call his manager and low and behold the manager knocked on my door and threw even more sales pitches to buy the damn machine.....by then i was pissed and started throwing the F word out...they eventually left and i spent 2 nights watching out for them in case they tried to come back..............SO BE STRONG...HANG IN THERE...AND GET THEM THE HELL OUT.....unless you like the machine and got 2500 to spend...good luck...

Kick him out, go to Fred Meyer or where ever and rent a machine and do it yourself. Never let a stranger roam around your house.

If you really want to purchase a carpet shampooer go to Costco and buy one for 1/5th the price and 90% the quality.

If somehow you get bullied into to it and you buy it you have the right to cancel in Oregon within three days. It used to be that way when I sold storm windows door to door - damn that was humbling work. At least I was just out to get leads, not go into people's homes.

From the Construction Contractor's Board site:

Three-day Right to Cancel:
Oregon law contains a mandatory, three-day right of a buyer to cancel a home solicitation contract when the contract is solicited at any place that is not the seller's permanent place of business.

This law applies to construction contracts as well as most other types of contracts.

Regardless of who initiates the contact, in every such situation, the property owner must be given notice of his or her right to rescind the contract. The form of notice is specified by statute in ORS 83.730.

I let one of those guys clean the whole living room carpet... I told him right off the bat I wouldnt be buying anything from him... he still offered to clean it... so I let him ... then helped him get his machine out of my house n told him not to come back ... never saw him again ...
on a side note ... if you answer the door on just boxers ... the jahova ladies wont come back either

Get this,my wife got suckered.She is going to pay for it herself.$2100.00.Hope she doesn't expect any sympathy when the thing is broke and she is still paying for it.the thing only has a 3 year warrantee.

Westcoastal, your funny. I got the upper hand on the JW's. I got family that is JW's, and they leave me alone.

Co-worker got a free Kirby vacuum. Salesman stopped by and demo'd it, and told them he would leave it with them overnight, and would pick it up in the morning. Well, three months later, they figured they received a free Kirby. Lucky BASTARD!!!

We got the Kirby guy at the door once..demo'd the vacuum and said he would leve it a few days for us to use and try....Well everything was cleaned the next few days...carpets, cars, fireplace, dryer vent, garage nooks and crannies. they didnt come back but his boss did about a month later..tried selling it to us but we declined he didnt say a word just boxed it up and left.

Rule #1:
Dont let them in your house
#2:
Dont let them clean your carpets
#3:
Dont buy anything from them.
#4:
If somehow you managed to break #1 - 3 and got suckered into buying their overpriced wares, DO NOT FINANCE THE PURCHASE!!!

And for the love of god, if for some reason you actually let them into your house, clean your carpet, decided to buy their crud, and need to finance the purchase...... DO NOT LET THEM PROVIDE THE FINANCING!!!

If you broke these rules, please forward me your phone number. I have some once in a lifetime deals I'd like to present exclusively to YOU. :cool:

WOW, I had a buddy when I was growing up and just out of high-school he started selling Kirby's. Musta' been around 1975, back then they were going for some where around $650.00. He was good at it and made pretty good mone for a 20 year old. Do they still belittle you, acuse you of not caring about your carpet, home, kids?

Mike

We had a Kirby guy come ot the house once. We liked the machine but our big concern was it was so heavy. Back then we never let any salesman leave without a signed :s0025:. $1400 later everytime we used it we whinned about it being too heavy. But don't worry. We 'upgraded' to a rainbow the next time a vaccume salesman came along :s0054:

Oh the folly of youth.

Actually you can buy about 10 decent vacuums for the price of a Kirby. The salesman who my wife let in our house years ago dropped off the machine and a lady who didn't seem to speak english for our free cleaning and no phone number. After a generous amount of time I sat her outside with her machine and about an hour and a half later he finally showed up. What an as$hole. They are not allowed on my property.

Ha Ha and i thought it was just me who had a bad experience! Had a guy show told him no thank you, then he says let me just clean your door mat so i can get credit for a demo. So here come all the boxes, as he unpacks his wears i inform him he has 15 minutes. about 30 minutes into said demo(they are not doing door mat, they are cleaning LR carpet now) he starts telling my wife what a POS vacuum we have and that our kids colds are being caused by dirty carpets!! Really??? At this point i am done!!! I kindly tell him time is up and he needs to leave. This A-hole starts telling me "Well if you dont give a S*** about your kids" At this point gloves are off!! So about 5 minutes into telling him what a waste of a human being he is, i headed to the safe. According to my wife she thought they were gonna have to steam clean the carpets when that guy heard the racking of a 12ga from my bedroom!! At that point he decided to pick up the pace and depart my residence. I now always answer the door for salesman with my .45 prominently visible, tends to keep them a little more polite! ;)

hay chainsaw if your wife got suckered into a 2100.00 vacuum you might be able to tell her you got suckered into a springfield M1A or a >>>you fill in the space. when she comes back with the kirby is for the house you can say this was to save you and the kids honey or this is to keep the house ...:cool:

hay chainsaw if your wife got suckered into a 2100.00 vacuum you might be able to tell her you got suckered into a springfield M1A or a >>>you fill in the space. when she comes back with the kirby is for the house you can say this was to save you and the kids honey or this is to keep the house ...:cool:

Somehow, I suspect "chick logic/reality" will not let that fly too far. Now if that M1A came with a few new pairs of womens' shoes that she likes...... ;)

I don't let door to door people anywhere near the inside of my house. If they start right into their sales pitch on the porch I usually let them finish. I then tell them I rent and i'd have to run it by the owner before I do anything. That usually get them off my porch and onto the next house.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top