JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's still not the point. If it's a bum stat. That means it's not worth anything.

Putting it that simply. All a lineman has to do is block. Why do they jump the snap count that they know. It's simple.

I kickers job is complicated purely by outside forces. Snap quality if the place holder makes a mistake, poor blocking, etc. Sure, maybe at some point, anyone MIGHT be able to hit a 40+ yarder....but 80%+ the time? Hitting long ones in practice means nothing.

That's still not the point. If it's a bum stat. That means it's not worth anything.

Putting it that simply. All a lineman has to do is block. Why do they jump the snap count that they know. It's simple.

I kickers job is complicated purely by outside forces. Snap quality if the place holder makes a mistake, poor blocking, etc. Sure, maybe at some point, anyone MIGHT be able to hit a 40+ yarder....but 80%+ the time? Hitting long ones in practice means nothing.

Linemen jump the snap count because of the anticipation and knowledge they are going to be in a physical battle with a worthy opponent. The kicker is over on the sideline drinking gatorade.

Points scored by kicker is a bum stat because the kicker gets commie freebie points scored doint PATs and field goals. Other than that, they arent involved in anything else besides kickoffs. Your best receivers wont always score a TD per game. Your running back might not either. All those points are contested. A player fights to get open or to break a tackle to score, and the kicker gets a #MeToo point.

Like I said, its like being a catcher. Just by catching strike 3, you are credited with a putout. 10 putouts for a catcher in a game is way different than 10 putouts in the outfield.

Never heard of a putout. Don't watch baseball much. Just never heard it reffered to whether watching or playing.

Anticipation isnt a good reason. You know the snap count, your opponent doesnt. They have to see and react, you go off sound and knowing when the ball is moving.

What about low scoring games where both teams play like crap, and the game is won because a kicker did their job. Whether or not it's "tough" or "manly" doesnt really matter.

Ive watched good place kicking/punts essentially decide games due to giving the other team bad field position.

Seems important, just maybe not cool.

Linemen jump the snap count because of the anticipation and knowledge they are going to be in a physical battle with a worthy opponent. The kicker is over on the sideline drinking gatorade.

Points scored by kicker is a bum stat because the kicker gets commie freebie points scored doint PATs and field goals. Other than that, they arent involved in anything else besides kickoffs. Your best receivers wont always score a TD per game. Your running back might not either. All those points are contested. A player fights to get open or to break a tackle to score, and the kicker gets a #MeToo point.

Like I said, its like being a catcher. Just by catching strike 3, you are credited with a putout. 10 putouts for a catcher in a game is way different than 10 putouts in the outfield.
Good points. Everybody hates the kicker till they need to points. I loved running the ball. But in my senior season I had a very hard conversation with a neurologist. Told me I had muilple concussion syndrome. I've had several concussions in my life. Maybe 10-15.
So they said your done. I said no I'm not. Could just kick my last year. Sucked big time for me.
But hey, I say line up all the team and see who makes a 40 yard field goal. Ain't easy.

Gotta remember. The uprights in the NFL are narrower, and the hash marks are out wider.
BZZZZ. Wrong.
The uprights are the same width apart on the college goalposts as they are in the NFL.

The hashmarks are farther apart on the college field than they are on the NFL field.

football-nfl-field-dimension-diagram-lrg.gif

football-college-NCAA-field-dimensions-diagram-lrg.gif

Never heard of a putout. Don't watch baseball much. Just never heard it reffered to whether watching or playing.

Anticipation isnt a good reason. You know the snap count, your opponent doesnt. They have to see and react, you go off sound and knowing when the ball is moving.

What about low scoring games where both teams play like crap, and the game is won because a kicker did their job. Whether or not it's "tough" or "manly" doesnt really matter.

Ive watched good place kicking/punts essentially decide games due to giving the other team bad field position.

Seems important, just maybe not cool.

Its the only thing they have to do besides drink gatorade. At least catchers have to squat, call the game, throw out runners, and hit. The kicker kicks.

I've never seen more games blown by kickers than this last season.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top