JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
parallax,

"But. Just to cut them off of all the money I pay in income taxes is going to be epic..."

Hhmmm, I don't understand your post as I'm retired and still pay plenty of income tax. Being retired doesn't prevent nearly as much income tax bite in the butt as it sounds like you expect in addition to property taxes.

I only wish you were correct about that.

Sigh...

I thought that the kicker going back to the public could only be changed by the vote of the people.

I suppose I don't even know that much about it....:(

I thought that the kicker going back to the public could only be changed by the vote of the people.

Gov. Kate Brown and Sen. Kathleen Taylor, should rally their base, their base should voluntarily, send back their kicker. while I should be allowed to keep mine if i choose.

PERS is like a black hole, it sucks in all the money. The latest estimate I saw was a $29 billion deficit. Brown wants another $2 billion for schools but a large portion of that will be going into PERS.

In a round about way. She allocates another 2 billion in the budget for schools. All the liberals swoon and she trumpets her success in getting more money to the kids.

With the increased PERS liability, our local district will likely be paying and additional 2 million in PERS contributions, so the state gets it right back. Fing shell game.

PERS is like a black hole, it sucks in all the money. The latest estimate I saw was a $29 billion deficit. Brown wants another $2 billion for schools but a large portion of that will be going into PERS.

State workers get paid well below the private sector and most career state works feel that the pension makes up for it to some degree.

Yes, my parents worked for the state and got paid out of PERS, but unlike a 401K or SSI, when my dad died from cancer, my mom didn't get any of his pension, and when my mom died, neither did the family get any of her pension.

My brother, who has a degree in engineering physics and is high up in the ODOT hierarchy of engineers, makes less than I do, a self taught software dev with AS degrees.

So while PERS may be problematic, don't blame the workers - it is the state that mismanaged it, not the people to whom the money is owed.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top