JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
aired a segment on "Fix Gun Checks" This is mayor bubblegums nation wide tour to drum up support for more gun control.

The man from the tour said he bought 10 guns in an hour at gun shows and never had a background check run on him. So, when were private sales made to go through a background check?

Right now I'm trying to get the site to come up, the link is there but I get a message that the site can't be found.

However it does appear that it just goes directly to Splash through KGW's site. So far I can't find anywhere to comment directly.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

the only people who seem to be against guns are non gun owners. they try to suppress a culture they have little understanding about... sounds familiar right. they haven't even widely express what specifically that they want. im worried that they'll just throw around a couple of thousands more nit picky pieces of legislation that will do nothing to curb gang violence and random indiscriminate shootings. all the legislation in the world will not eliminate random indiscrimanate shootings because they are random and indiscriminate. so what is it that you think they want?

the only people who seem to be against guns are non gun owners. they try to suppress a culture they have little understanding about... sounds familiar right. they haven't even widely express what specifically that they want. im worried that they'll just throw around a couple of thousands more nit picky pieces of legislation that will do nothing to curb gang violence and random indiscriminate shootings. all the legislation in the world will not eliminate random indiscrimanate shootings because they are random and indiscriminate. so what is it that you think they want?

According to the MAIG site all they want is all people entered into the NICS database that are not allowed to own/buy guns, THEN have EVERY gun transfer go through a background check. But if they ever get that then they'll be back and want something more, then something more. Just like Obwan.

The "Fix Gun Checks" is an attempt to drum up support for more anti-gun legislation since MAIG and HCI seem to be pretty much irrelevant any more and haven't gotten their way.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

Sounds like you are talking about his honor the Bloomberg. He is getting ready for his run for president, trying to stay in the national spot lite. A represenative of the cityboy culture/we know best east coaster. He is bringing his wisdom to the west. Hopefully he :nuts:will get caught by a "cattleguard" when heading east. Spad

This is a more complex issue than we would like! Part of what they want is for all certifiably dangerous mental patients to be automatically added to the "may not buy guns" list on NICS. This is not currently done, and some nut cases do not get reported by their doctors and shrinks and families and even police and thus slip through the cracks and shoot innocent people. The most recent case is that shooter in Tucson AZ, who had a history of mental problems but still bought his gun legally. Only one store thought he looked too looney to sell ammunition to, so he went to another.

The Fix Gun Checks tour front man lost his own sister in the Virginia Tech massacre, where a man with a long history of mental problems and violent threats also bought his guns legally. None of his psychiatrists or guidance counselors reported him as a danger to the public, even though a couple of his professors DID. Somehow he was not reported to the police or hooked to the NICS data bank by the college.

We gun owners have got to get right on this single issue, and fight the gun banners from latching onto it with further schemes to limit gun owning. It only makes SENSE that dangerous crazy people with a documented history of mental disorder are immediately and automatically reported to the NICS, and gun owners ought to back this to steal the thunder from the gun banners. The urgent issue for us is to prevent the gun banners from pushing for MORE restrictions on top of this one, or to prevent them from making that list impossible to get OFF of when errors are made. We have to keep this one issue separate from all of their other gun ban schemes........................elsullo

Five PM news Monday on KGW-TV had a glowing feature making Mayor Pedo look oh-so-effective against gang shootings by supporting this Fix Gun Checks campaign, claiming that three-hundred mayors were on board. As if there was ANY connection between less gang violence and more background checks! The breathless newscaster stated plainly the falsehood that "neither" Oregon gunshows nor person-to-person sales require background checks, and that the campaign wants this changed. At least they are out front now about STOPPING ALL PRIVATE SALES without any background checks. This we can fight with the Second Amendment and win.

They are trying to paste two separate issues together as if they were one, first putting all felons and dangerous mental patients on the NICS database, and then banning any private gun sale without a background check. WE must steer the debate to separate the issues, supporting the first and vigourously opposing the second.

The newscaster intoned her horror that an "estimated" average of forty-six people are shot to death in America every day, making no distinction of which were shot by police or by drug gangs or by legal guns or by stolen guns. They made no mention that per day at least five times that number of people were killed by medical errors by doctors and nurses, and made no claim the need to end MEDICINE to save lives, which makes as much sense as background checks stopping gang shootings.

I'll say it again, only the National Rifle Association can fight this one in the Supreme Court and win!..........................elsullo

This is not the first time I've noticed an anti-gun bias from KGW. A couple of weeks ago, they ran a story about Vancouver WA allowing firearms in parks, and the tone of the newscast was of clear disapproval.

On KATU they covered the same story....and in an interview the Portland Police Chief was asked of he thought the policies would help. His answer was great: "Gangmembers don't buy their weapons in gunstores." I hope has has good luck finding his next job.....

wonder how many people were killed this year by automobile accidents. I bet none of them had background checks either. It's all or nothing.

This is a more complex issue than we would like! Part of what they want is for all certifiably dangerous mental patients to be automatically added to the "may not buy guns" list on NICS. This is not currently done, and some nut cases do not get reported by their doctors and shrinks and families and even police and thus slip through the cracks and shoot innocent people. The most recent case is that shooter in Tucson AZ, who had a history of mental problems but still bought his gun legally. Only one store thought he looked too looney to sell ammunition to, so he went to another.
WA is among the states the DO report those with mental problems to NICS, don't remember about OR but I think they don't or haven't to a great extent.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

On KATU they covered the same story....and in an interview the Portland Police Chief was asked of he thought the policies would help. His answer was great: "Gangmembers don't buy their weapons in gunstores." I hope has has good luck finding his next job.....
Portland's mayor isn't vindictive. Just ask the last Chief of Police he fired.

WA is among the states the DO report those with mental problems to NICS, don't remember about OR but I think they don't or haven't to a great extent.

I wouldn't be surprised if OR doesn't report mental problems to NICS since they don't use NICS for background checks, they use the Oregon State Police (and they are charging us $10 each and trying to raise it to $30)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top