JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Regardless of the scandals.
We need an NRA
5 million plus NRA members going their separate ways will be the end of our rights.

Of course we do, that's why we should be after them to get their crap in order and end the BS.

I never found NRA TV to be very good so I cant say I'm sad to see it go. Hopeful the money they save by shutting it down goes to something worthwhile and not just straight into the executive piggy-bank...

Sounds like the NRA is starting to clean house - exactly what we want to see. Never watched NRATV, but it reportedly had few viewers and cost a lot of money, so getting rid of it sounds like a plus.

If Wayne can clean it up and get the government investigators to back off he will have earned his pay. Sounds like our letters have made an impact.

There were some great episodes on NRA TV. Yes, many were rants but Colion Noir as an example was both looking deeply into issues, sheading light on big city, anti-gun problems and also showing "gun stuff" episodes. It was a good source to get information to counter anti-2A rhetoric. They left the door open to come back with a more refined product but they should have done this instead of just killing it. IMHO

Just sent my displeasure to the chat line...they provided me with a snail mail address to comment. So 1980.

Colion (sp) is a good starting point but he is relatively new to firearms and the culture. In my opinion, this shows. You could argue, come along with his journey, but I think he needs a more experienced side kick. I have only been into guns about ten years and probably stepped it up a notch about five years ago. I would not and should not be the one to carry the weight of the gun culture. I am part of it but I have more to learn than to teach.

To their credit I think the NRA is trying to hit various demographics but, they should focus more on content. We say firearms are just a tool but often we make them more than that. If the NRA wants to take on the role of being the voice and face of firearms in America. We need to show more examples of WHY firearms and our rights are so important. Cold dead hands and good guy vs bad guy may be true and factual, but also falls on deaf ears.
They need to re-embrace their roots, marksmanship programs. If you don't draw younger folks into the sport in significant numbers there will be no sport to be drawn into.

NRA needs a complete housecleaning and a new identity launched, but not backing away from the Second Admendment fight. Me thinks it's truly time for WLP to
Hit the road...

I didn't know the NRA had a tv show.
That may be due to the fact I don't have a tv though.
Darn.
I hope Wayne wasn't on it.
He makes me want to reach for my emesis basin.
The extra large one.

Regardless of the scandals.
We need an NRA
5 million plus NRA members going their separate ways will be the end of our rights.

The NRA is staging a balancing act with members. of NEED and WANT
We only need the NRA if the are doing their jobs, which they are not. But we want someone with enough
status and political power to somewhat represent us. So they have us cornered.
We do not dare bail on them, but to support them means we agree with their direction.

A very slippery slope indeed.

I never found NRA TV to be very good so I cant say I'm sad to see it go.
I only recently started watching it when I switched to 'free' TV with a ROKU stick.
I watched a few episodes and didn't find it highly enlightening.
I was going to watch a few more but then it got pulled.

The NRA TV shows were available on the internet (American Riflemen TV is still on the Outdoor Network and is different from NRA TV). A failure on the marketing part is that many did not even know about it. Their website is not well designed (a login for NRA TV, and also for NRA Instructors oh and another one for shopping and materials for example). If the marketing firm has been in charge of all of these it may be that the tail is wagging the dog and time for a fresh perspective.

Of course we do, that's why we should be after them to get their crap in order and end the BS.
Easy to say but who is the "Them" we should be after to get their crap in order?
Who is/are the good guy(s) that we need in charge?
Is Wayne LaPierre cleaning house to bring the NRA back to its main job?
Or is he doing a Stalinesque purge of anyone who would challenge his power? if that's the case how do we get "Them" to clean this mess up and get us ready for the 2020 elections without LaPierre destroying the NRA in the power struggle?

Who are the good guys?

Easy to say but who is the "Them" we should be after to get their crap in order?
Who is/are the good guy(s) that we need in charge?
Is Wayne LaPierre cleaning house to bring the NRA back to its main job?
Or is he doing a Stalinesque purge of anyone who would challenge his power? if that's the case how do we get "Them" to clean this mess up and get us ready for the 2020 elections without LaPierre destroying the NRA in the power struggle?

Who are the good guys?

Who really knows.

I'll miss Colion, really appreciates his authentic message and touch with reality, he's an awesome ambassador and hopefully we'll see more of him pickup up by more mainstream media...
Check out his You Tube channel, if you like his content throw him a few bucks each month.

If NRATV couldn't pull me in, how were they going grab a none gun owning public? Hopefully they can rebrand or revamp their production and make a bigger impact.

Well, never watched NRATV.

The old American Sportsman tv show got me interested in shooting and hunting when I was just a little guy. I know there are a lot of hunting shows out there... but a quality show like American Sportsman done by the NRA might be good for PR.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top