JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems the wrong people are leaving...
I can only hope that they do something... link up with 2AF or GOA.... start something else?

Who knows. NRA is becoming cold product.... it needs a major overhaul

Personally Id like to see it break up and "NRA" be retained as an organization for training, etc as it is still the standard in that regard.
NRA-ILA should be peeled off and rebranded.
NRA of today is like the General Motors of the 80s. Top heavy and not producing a quality product.

Well, never watched NRATV.

The old American Sportsman tv show got me interested in shooting and hunting when I was just a little guy. I know there are a lot of hunting shows out there... but a quality show like American Sportsman done by the NRA might be good for PR.
Agreed. Hunting shows abound but one with celebrities might attract more people. As a kid my dad and I would watch American Sportsman. Seeing favorite stars like Lee Marvin fishing for black marlin o or others hunting in Africa inspired a few trips for us. Hopefully younger people seeing modern stars hunting and shooting will do the same now.

Same here - This brings back memories!

Oh yeah... there's a wistful feeling attached for me... twas a different time/age. Before the Nam and all that disruption.

Its kind of like someone on this forum watching 'The View' - I doubt it happens.

Ugh!! Not me. I know there are people that like to keep an eye on the opposition, but GOOD LORD! That show is way beyond cringe worthy!

Agreed. Hunting shows abound but one with celebrities might attract more people. As a kid my dad and I would watch American Sportsman. Seeing favorite stars like Lee Marvin fishing for black marlin o or others hunting in Africa inspired a few trips for us. Hopefully younger people seeing modern stars hunting and shooting will do the same now.

Curt Gowdy did just about everything one could do. But my all time fave was people like Bing Crosby hunting upland birds with dogs. Pheasant, quail, Bobwhite quail, woodcocks (with 28ga)... that stuff stuck with me all my life. Got me started on a journey.

BTW, watching that show, I always figured certain types of hunting/fishing were for rich people. My Dad's best friend used to travel once a year from Pomona into Central Calif to hunt pheasant and it was spendy. I always thought marlin fishing would cost a fortune!! However, many years later an old Coast Guard buddy invited me to Cabo to stay in a suite that the Armed Services Network/Club only charged $100/wk. So yet again, I got to stay for free, just like the time I went to his moose hunt camp in Topley BC. Anyway, after arriving he asked me how many times I wanted to go out for marlin. When I asked him how much it cost, he said $300. Expecting something like $2k or more, I was delighted but said I only had enough money to go once. He then frowned and said he would pay the second $100 for me if I wanted to go twice. What? I thought it was $300! No, that's for the entire boat... we have three guys going!!! It was great! I caught my first marlin, a striped marlin. Then the second outing I caught my first Yellowfin tuna, about 120lbs worth of fine sushi!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads