JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I havent seen any prices there that are all that great.
and the customer service is there on days when they feel like it.
There is no single store that is perfect for every shopper. So this store isnt for everyone.
Apparently its good enough for the right number of people cause they seem to do a booming business.
Just a for instance, I was looking for a kahr cw9 here are my findings.
Wholesale sports $419
Gunbroker $399
Northwest armory $359
Keith's $339

I call here today looking for a pistol. They didn't have time to talk to me because there were customers in the store. I said thanks and hung up. Bought a pistol today, could I have got the same gun there cheaper? Maybe, maybe not. But customer service was not there so neither was I. I know that I am 1 fish in a big pond but my friends will not buy there now because of this experience.

Sorry, but if I was a customer in the store and they stopped and answered the phone and then started helping that person instead of me I'd be angry. It seems to work both ways. Sorry you had a bad experience but I don't think you should expect the same level of service as a call-in customer that you would expect standing at the counter and waiting for help. If they had one or two people decdicated to the phones that mgiht help everyone but unfortuantely that isn't the case. They help on a first come first serve basis.
If you ask for a call back when they aren't so busy you might get the phone help you want and some extra time when they call. Just a suggestion.
We all get aggravted when we don't get phone help in a timely manner but don't forget there may be people ahead of you at the time. You can have a wait when you go to Keiths and stand in the store, due to the volume of sales they do and people ahead of you also waiting for service.
Just a thought, don't deprive yourself of possibly good pricing on a purchase due to one unfortunate experience.

BTW, I have no affliation with Keiths other than as a customer.

With all the madness and "shortages" right now, Keith's still has the best prices and they haven't upped their prices from retail on most stuff (even AR related).

I like Keith's Sporting Goods, but Keith can be a bit of a donkey.
I've worked the gunshow for him many times and while I have my own career, he paid minimum wage and tended to be...not all that nice to put it mildly.

In my opinion, what works best at Keith's is the customer who knows exactly what they want, walks in and says I want that one, pays and walks out. Those who come to the shop to finger f%$# everything in the case ruin the tempo and that is probably what causes frustration with the sales people.

Maria is a sweetheart though.

....and Keith's Viper is a woosie car :)

Anyone been able to reach them by phone? Ive been calling but no answers and the voice mailbox is full. Ive been looking for a sti spartan and the sti website says that keiths is the only dealer that carries sti in oregon. I want to ask them about price before I have to drive out there and not waste my time.

I have bought most of my recent guns from Keith's. Since I always know what I want and go right over to that part of the store and wait until I can catch someone's attention. Yes, it can be a drag to wait, but everybody in the store is facing the same thing, so patience is called for. Because they are so busy, they don't really have time to swap war stories with anybody. Sometimes they can seem a little bit snotty, but I think that is just because of the non-stop business they have in that store. A few hours of running around without a break might make me get a little snappish too.

That said, just after Sandy Hook, I decided that it was time to get some more Pmags for the AR and see if I could find some BX-25s for the 10-22. I called Keith's first, but after several tries to get through with no answer at all, I gave up and took off for Northwest Armory. NW Armory not only had what I wanted, but their prices were good and the people were very nice (even though the place was a complete madhouse and full to the walls with customers).

Nothing against Keith's, but I think I'll be taking my business over to NW Armory for a while to see how that works out.

I'm going to echo some similar comments from above. I have only gone in knowing what I want. It takes me no time at all to make those intentions known and get service. Last time they were legitimately backed up a bit, the woman behind the counter said it would be about five minutes. Five minutes went by and she was helping me out exactly as needed. The two people who were sort of standing and staring, waiting for someone to come up to them were largely left to themselves.

I'm not really much of a window shopper, I tend to simply go in and get what I want. For those reasons I don't have a problem with them. I could see it being a problem if you want to actually finger a few different items though.

A few years ago I bought an M-1A NM from Keith's for $200 less than anywhere else in the area and last spring I picked up a Ruger LCP /w lazer for $33 less than NW Armory! I knew what I wanted and was taken care of with speed and courtesy. Now to schmooze and fondle weapons I tend to visit NW Armory. Much more casual. I like to buy a box of rounds or two for my tourist privileges.

During the "Panic of 2008-9", I was looking for a mini-14. Bi-Mart occasionally had them in stock, but I was pretty specific in what I wanted, which was Stainless and wood furnishing, a configuration Bi-Mart never gets.

I trekked across town, paid a little more than I would have ordering it into Bi-Mart, but it was there, in stock, I knew exactly what I wanted and what I was giving up by getting it now, but I was out of there in no time because I had a credit card in hand.

Like many I had have a mixed bag of experiences at Kieth`s, mostly due to low staffing but lately they have made a noticed effort to fix this.

Then:

I bought an accessory, I had nothing but problems it jammed constantly after it was installed after contacting them I was asked to bring it in. Keith found the same issue I had, he asked if he could hold the gun and send it out to their gunsmith, I agreed.
after a week or so I went back to pick it up. there was no fixing the issue the gun was back to stock.
I payed nothing, for Keith's time, the gunsmiths, no restocking fee (as their policy is) got a full cash refund (in store credit is also the policy), the issue was not their fault it was a deign flaw in the product. but they bent over backwards to try and fix it; also I`m sure they lost a lot of money in time and effort compared to the profit from the piece....

This is what customer service should be.

Stopped by Keith's today, absolute madhouse. No elbow room at the glass cases, a line around the inside of the store, just to get to the guy doing background checks.

Lots of handguns, and even a few "assault weapons" in stock, plenty of decent-priced used stuff, too. But way too many people, just turned around and walked out after eyeballing stuff for ten minutes.

If I ask to see a gun on the wall, I do not expect the customer service representative to roll their eyes at me. You know what? I took my business elsewhere. ...and this was before this latest gun craze.

. They do not care. I asked them a question at the gunshow and he almost jumped down my throat. I will never buy anything from them even if I have to pay more.
I've worked for Keith at the gun show many times, and I have to say the single most annoying thing is the idiot who comes up pretending/dreaming/whatever about the rifle he wants while giving the impression he has money in hand and is ready to buy. He's the one that asks if he can see the Rem 7mm with SS and wood in the box at the bottom of the stack, and after pulling it out, spending a half hour listening to his BS, the guy says he needs to ask his wife and disappears never to be seen again.

Now multiply that story x100 and you may get the picture of what has to be dealt with at the gun show and at the shop. Employees are human and not everyone has the patience of Job when dealing with folks who feel the shop is some sort of petting zoo.

I purchased a Valmet 71 back in about 2001 at keiths. I never expect much at a gun store. Socially backward sales people are always the norm. If I owned a gun store I would probably find a way to hire actual salesmen and not gun guys. Teach salesmen about guns.. Not try to teach gun guys how to sell. Thinking business only. That way you train people about guns.. not sales.

The gun store that actually has salesmen and decent human beings behind the counter wins! But prices rule.. I shop at Keiths.. It's kinda like Seienfield.. Soup Nazi style.. Know what you want.. ask for it.. Pay for it. Leave!

Correction! I went to Keiths This weekend. I was treated great by a newer salesmen. He helped me and took the time to look for what I wanted. They did not have it but I was still impressed. The place was packed and they had more selection than any other place I have been.

I will go back again. I hope the new attitude sticks.

I shop at Keiths.. It's kinda like Seienfield.. Soup Nazi style.. Know what you want.. ask for it.. Pay for it. Leave!

No soup for you!

I bought one NIB tool, a few years back, and was told all firearms are treated as used. Guess he (Keith) was not an authorized dealer. He had posted banners to infer he was. They also do not adhere to ATF 3 day rule. Also, I had to pay in advance. :s0123:

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top