JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in Keith's last week. They had new prices on used guns. $509.00 for a used G-23? really? There were two other customers in the store, three people working, not a Hello, hi, go jump in the lake. I even had talked to one of them at the May gun show and seemed to hit it off. Guess not..
I won't be back. PS the parking sucks, room for 4 cars

A real measure of a good gunshop is how they treat you when you want to sell a used gun to them. I know a LOT about guns and prices. I also have a skilled facility of looking "dumb and ignorant" while haggling. I dealt with a boss there, maybe "Keith" himself, and he was quite pleasant.

But in all of my long life of seeing con-jobs I have NEVER seen somebody try to rip someone off so hard as he did. He was offering less than HALF of the actual used-price value of my guns, and he never realized that I was not a dummy and did know the real values. That would have been quite a gunstore markup! He "offered" to consign one of my rifles for seven hundred dollars---I got FOURTEEN hundred for it on an internet forum, and my only trouble was to box and mail it, and cash the money orders!

He looked a little baffled when I politely left with all that I came in with, never to return. A gun shop that treats you like dirt when you have a gun to sell, is not a store that I need to support.....................elsullo

I would second your experience. I had a very nice custom rifle that I was going to sell to my boss, he asked if he could run it by Keiths and get the value assessed. Keith told him it wasn't quite worth $600 if he were to sell it, and he'd give him like $375 on trade for something like that. The rifle is $2200 new, had aftermarket optics, accessories, trigger, grips, and full custom cerakote job. My boss returned to me, declined to buy the rifle and looked generally offended that I was asking $1200 for it and had claimed to be giving him a deal. I traded the rifle at north west armory for the $1200 I was looking for the following week.

Keith doesn't give high value. I bought my glock 17 from him on the mil discount they have, Played with it and I really wanted a 19, wouldn't budge on the trade in value. Offered 150 flat for the glock 17 which I just bought one month before for 419 with NS.

He has good stuff and good value, all I am saying and will say again and again, if going there, be prepared and know what you want.

Don't be a ditto head and go ohhhh ummmmm I'm thinking this or that.

RESEARCH, in the end, Keiths has it for cheap, but it comes with a price, it's called crappy customer service.

I've been shopping at Keith's for about four years.

For new guns, I find their prices to be the lowest. e.g. - Glocks are typically $520-$530 as I recall. A Ruger GP100 (blue) was $529. Those are better prices than elsewhere I've seen in PDX for new guns.

For used guns, it's more a mixed bag price-wise. For selling guns, they're like most gun shops - it's like trading in a car. You want convenient fast sale? Trade it in. You want more money? Sell it yourself.

I can't say I've ever received poor customer service from them. However, they are not a place where you walk in the door and they're at your elbow offering to help. They're busy and always seem to be so. If you walk in and want something, you have to walk up to the counter and ask.

I've found their staff knowledgeable and pretty friendly. One of them spent time walking through holster options with me. I got some extended opinions (solicited, accurate) about 1911 manufacturers. But it's definitely a case where you have to ask.

I tried to use a GSSF certificate there a while back. The paperwork said that the ffl copy 'must be hand signed, no photocopies are allowed'. It went on to say that it would be rejected if this detail was not adhered to and to not let the ffl tell you otherwise. Well Keith out and the gal helping me insisted that the photocopy was acceptable. When I pointed out the text in the paperwork saying that it was not acceptable she still insisted that it was. So I took her photo copied ffl with copied signature and left. Went to Rapid fire in Sandy, hot it done correctly and for half the transfer fee that Keiths was charging.

My experience is much the same as many many many others. If you know what you want and have done your own research and don't have to ask their opinion it is the best place in town. Only because they have what your looking for, at the best price, that's it!
Customer service you say, yea right. Their CS is non existent, I have worked in many different sales positions. If I treated anyone they way they pretty much treat everyone my butt would have been fired in less than a day.
Sorry but the only thing IMO that keeps their doors open is they have IT and most likely the cheapest in town.

I havent seen any prices there that are all that great.
and the customer service is there on days when they feel like it.
There is no single store that is perfect for every shopper. So this store isnt for everyone.
Apparently its good enough for the right number of people cause they seem to do a booming business.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top