JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 'gun industry' has LONG had a reputation for abject arrogance, snootiness and downright crappy behavior toward customers.

I have seen it ALL my life. Some LGSs have great owners/employees but the majority are operated by self indulgent people with poor interpersonal skills.

Another industry that ain't much better is the construction world. Having been in it (and having dealt with a lot of 'contractors') I found a lot of them to be nothing but self righteous, Joe E. Sixpacks who thought their chit didn't stink and treated customers similarly.

Last Edited:
Used to be a big Keiths supporter, but the last few experiences have been a major turn off, and I will never return or recommend them as a business to anyone! It's been a well known fact since they first opened, that Keith hisself is a Grade A, USDA Choice, First Class With Oak Leif Clusters AZZHOLE! I wouldn't pizz on him if he was on fire kinda azzhole! That being said, there were exactly three employees who were worth the time to visit, Charley, Charly's Wife, and a younger kid who had been there forever, As long as one of them was working that day, good things happened, if it was just Keith, NOPE, walk out and go hang out down the street at the Old Husquvarna shop till one of his real employees showed up!
My last visit, I was looking for higher end revolvers, and accessories to go along with them, as luck would have it, the Kid was working, that day, but was way-laid by some old timer with nothing better to do then taking up the poor kids time with useless banter, that left me no choice but to ask Keith, I swear, unless your waving a wad of hundred dollar bills half an inch thick, he is only willing to spend 3/4 of a second talking to you, before insisting you ether buy or leave, he has so much better things to be doing right then and there, like polishing his toe nail with his tongue, or masturbating with a cheese grater, I have never been so insulted by a gun shop as that, and he knows full well that I have been a loyal customer and spent many thousands with him over the years!

To add to that, why is it during the gun shows, Keith is always in a frantic panic to get the entire store loaded up into his old POS moving van and haul arse to the gun show to peddle his over priced sh!t there, when he could save all the time, stress, and expense and peddle his worthless over priced sh!t in store like he does the rest of the time, I swear to god, He is every bit the saint when he is at the shows, but an absolute azzhole the rest of the time! I'm starting to think he might be related to Waren @ the Gunroom, his business model seems to match closely!

You hit the nail on the head for me. Keiths and the Gun Room. Both suck. Hope all this public posted experience

further damages their business. Yes, I'm bitter and it's a long bad story.

Poor service really chaps my hide. I used to bite my lip and take the abuse, but not anymore. I attribute it to my advanced age and a lower tolerance for scissor bills.

I once walked into a gift shop at Cannon Beach carrying my then two-year-old son. The owner (I think) sees my son and says to me "Just pretend everything is under glass and you can't touch it."

I responded "I'll do you even better. I'll just pretend you are closed'" and I walked out while bumping into every rack and display on the way out the door. :D

-E-

Not to de-rail the Keith's is Sh!t thread, but N.W Armory is moving in the same direction, customer service has really gone to hell, which is sad, Carl used to de a pretty good job, had good selection, and good prices, and was more then willing to order things in for you just to have your business! None of that now, and he is a lot more cranky now then ever! Seems he got a little too big for his britches if you asked me, Wont be giving him any of my business, not after I watched him absolutely Dry Rape an old lady on her husbands gun collection, pennies on the dollar I tell ya, I wanted to say something, but I knew it would only end badly for everyone!

I was driving up Highway 22 several years ago and saw a sign for "Beef Jerky" for sale. Being a sucker for chewy salty almost anything, I stopped. He was talking to another man and I asked," how much?" He told me with a slight grin that if I had to ask I probably could't afford it. I backed over his sign as I left without saying a word.

Correction.......my wife read my post over my shoulder and says, "You have NEVER just bit your lip and taken the abuse".

However, I need to point out that I asked her to swing by the "hardware" store this evening and get a decent bottle of Kentucky bourbon. Smart bubblegum that she is, this is what she brought me. I bit my lip.

20220407_170454.jpg

-E-

At my age, I don't even complain about bad service in a particular shop anymore. I just leave and never darken their doorway again. Those shops will eventually kill themselves. Maybe a slow death, but death all the same. I have seen plenty of them fold.

At my age, I don't even complain about bad service in a particular shop anymore. I just leave and never darken their doorway again. Those shops will eventually kill themselves. Maybe a slow death, but death all the same. I have seen plenty of them fold.
You mean like The Gun Room?

-E-

Not to de-rail the Keith's is Sh!t thread, but N.W Armory is moving in the same direction, customer service has really gone to hell, which is sad, Carl used to de a pretty good job, had good selection, and good prices, and was more then willing to order things in for you just to have your business! None of that now, and he is a lot more cranky now then ever! Seems he got a little too big for his britches if you asked me, Wont be giving him any of my business, not after I watched him absolutely Dry Rape an old lady on her husbands gun collection, pennies on the dollar I tell ya, I wanted to say something, but I knew it would only end badly for everyone!
Good info on Nw armory. I've never talked to anyone old in there so likely haven't run into to that guy (thank goodness!). The younger ones are nice but somewhat lacking in knowledge which I don't care about cuz I'm not there for that. They aren't my first choice but I haven't had any problems with them (probably cuz I haven't run into the old fella).

You hit the nail on the head for me. Keiths and the Gun Room. Both suck. Hope all this public posted experience

further damages their business. Yes, I'm bitter and it's a long bad story.
I'm not sure that I would put Keith in the same category as Warren at The Gun Room,.......But I wouldn't argue about it with you either!

Maybe it's like choosing between a bad flu verses a root canal,...

Yea I was sitting in bimart parking lot after striking out there and thought "I don't want to go there" but it was only 5 minutes away and someone told me they stock 45LC ammo so I went. Never again. I would rather overpay shipping costs than support that business. But I'll try nwarmory and oregon guns and ammo first probably.
Normally the only ammo I get from bimart is 22lr, I load my own 45 colt and won't be held hostage to high prices. Picked up a new rifle today that scalpers have been asking way over retail and I paid retail for it.

Occasionally if ammo comes on sale I will buy it at Bimart as their sales used to be good. They haven't had a lot of ammo in a long time.

Normally the only ammo I get from bimart is 22lr, I load my own 45 colt and won't be held hostage to high prices. Picked up a new rifle today that scalpers have been asking way over retail and I paid retail for it.

Occasionally if ammo comes on sale I will buy it at Bimart as their sales used to be good. They haven't had a lot of ammo in a long time.
Although in the Portland area Bimart's that I regularly check you are correct in them not having much stock of ammo, it is getting surprisingly better.

Today the Woodstock Bimart had a more ammo on the shelves than I have seen since the start of covid. 12ga Estate 7 shot were about $7.97 if my memory serves me correctly.

I guess one needs to be known by them to get good service then. I used to work most of Keith's gun show tables, which was fun, and never had a bad experience there. Usually Maria says hi and asks what I need. Keith is a dil though, but he always treated me fair once I let him spew his 'I hardly make any $$ on these guns' and we got down to business.

My last few trips to Curt's has made me a fan. Rifleworks will be my default because I like Josh and his team. But for certain things Curt's is a shop I want to keep supporting.

I like Nicholas, the manager of TD, but the ownership there is terrible. And if it's true that there's a loose connection to a cop shooter in their family, I don't see myself going out of my way for them ever.

Isn't there a shop in the Portland area that is still around despite their best efforts?

Haven't been to Keith's in years, certainly long before any of the panic buying going on over the last 2+ years. This whole sign-in sheet thing seems strange and pointless. How is it supposed to work? You sign a sheet and it puts you in line for service and they'll just pretend you're not there otherwise? Even if no one else is in there?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top