JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I often come to this forum to find out what's new on the legal side of our hobbby, and thought it would be handy to have a thread dedicated to keeping tabs on SB 941.

Post any URLs, news, etc. that are directly relevant to SB 941. Please avoid opinions and speculation. Nothing wrong with either, but there are plenty of other threads that. I imagine we all share roughly the same feelings about the whole debacle, anyhow.

To start things off...

The Oregon legislature's page for the bill:
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Measures/Overview/SB941#CurrentStatus

The Oregonian's summary page for the bill:
http://gov.oregonlive.com/bill/2015/SB941/

As of Friday, April 17, the bill has passed the Senate and is on to the House rules committee.

Is this concerning making private party (non FFL) used gun sales illegal like what happened up in Washington state? Becuse if it is you Oregon folks need to nip this in the bud and cut Mikey Bloombutt's knees off.

Scheduled for a hearing in the House Rules Committee this coming Wednesday.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Committees/HRULES/2015-04-22-13-00/Agenda

"Informational Meeting 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Oregon Firearms Safety Act
Invited testimony from proponents & opponents"

"3:00 PM - 10:00 PM - Public testimony"

"Due to the high level of interest in the bill, public testimony will be limited to 2 minutes per person. If you are not able to testify or would like to submit written testimony, please submit it to: [email protected].

The Committee meeting record will remain open & testimony will be accepted until 5:00 PM, Thursday, April 23.

If you would like to testify, please sign up outside Hearing Room 50 beginning at 11:30 AM. Individuals who do not wish to testify do not need to sign up."

E-mail those dorks Friday am and ask for a total of pro and con testimonys and also a total of the pro and con e-mails and letters they received.
We have to hold their feet to the fire'
They will pass this bad boy to the floor for a vote if you do not.

Your House Rep. by City/location, District you live in.
This is where to focus your efforts now. Flood them with calls and E-mails. Already used OFFs automailer?, good! Now write and send something personal to YOUR HOUSE REP. HE/SHE REPRESENTS YOU.
Call and write now. Time is running out.
If they get away with this, SB945 is sure to pass. If they get away with that what's next?
FRS-15-California-AR15-Rifle-Stock.jpg

I just sent another battery complaint against SB 941 citing that in an act of war, social or economic unrest you can not loan a firearm to you neighbor. Dealing with dangerous people is one thing but law abiding people is another. This is Fascism the way the dems are going about this.

Yes it's sad when the locals metro put these people in office. Now we all have to pay for it.

It wasn't just PDX Metro that put these people in office - they were elected all over the state. Either the pro-2A folks decided not to show on election day, didn't care enough to choose a pro-2A candidate, or were completely misled by the candidates. Either way, the infection has spread through much of the state. If it hadn't, they wouldn't have a majority.

I am amazed to talk to gun owners who, even now, haven't even heard of SB 941, nor are they aware of the consequences. Unfortunately, not every gun owner in Oregon is on NWFA, nor a member of OFF, nor are they politically active enough to even bother paying attention. Yes the PDX Metro types are responsible for part of it, but so are the apathetic gun owners that let them in.

That is the sad truth etrain16. I don't know how to get the word out to the people that are not involved. Maybe that should be addressed real soon ?

I am amazed to talk to gun owners who, even now, haven't even heard of SB 941, nor are they aware of the consequences.
Same here but I believe the reason(s) for that is probably because the MAJORITY of gun owners are not so 'politically inclined' as say members of this forum are for example. AND, purely as an example, if you take the total number of members on this forum and divide by the number of those that are active participants in threads, chat and other issues relating to SB 941 (and other legal/political issues) I am sure it would reveal a very low percentage. The reality is SB 941 (if passed) will affect only a very small percentage of the overall population of gun owners (myself included). Gun rights, laws & related politics seem to be of interest to only a narrow genre of gun owners and for lack of a better description it seems to be along the lines of the non-traditional, defense postured gun owner as opposed to the more traditional sporting/hunting based. And regarding the element of FTF deals I suspect if you polled 100 gun owners in public you would discover a relatively small number of that 100 have ever accomplished a FTF, non-dealer gun purchase and probably fewer having sold FTF. So given my observations I don't find it particularly unusual there are what seem to be high numbers of gun owners who have not heard of SB 941.

Encountered that today as well. "Thats crazy" was the response of a coworker. (I try not to talk much about politics at work, but my boss does, and was overheard by the coworker). A lot of people just dont know. Short of some type of viral marketing or holding signs at overpasses, I'm not sure how to get a better more consistent message out there. Maybe after the legislature session (and/or the recall session ) we get an annual "education and outreach" session going. Heck, I know one class of kids from the hearing I would like to talk with. Or an "activist" training session for ourselves.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top