JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's crossed my mind, but in my job, I work with various government agencies and I have to be very careful about attaching my name to something like that. I'm happy to help collect signatures though. Plus, someone else here is already looking into filing the recall himself. That's a good thing.

Tomorrow I'll be at the capitol. I'm hoping I'll get a chance to get in and speak to Rep. Barton directly. I may even inform him that a recall is already in the early planning stages, and it may be in his best interests to consider a no vote.

I was speaking in general, not to you specifically. If someone here is thinking about starting the recall then they should go for it.

The vote is MONDAY according to a blast from OFF. Time for the push. Here is the latest missive I've sent to every member of the House. Short, sweet, to the point and easily digestible.

To the members of the House of Representatives of the State of Oregon,

Why SB 941 is a poorly written bill:

• It imposes an additional tax on Federally licensed collectors
  • It imposes an additional tax on citizens who possess a valid Concealed carry license
  • It will not prevent domestic abuse. Background checks winnow out only those convicted of a crime, not those who may commit domestic abuse
  • It will not prevent known criminals from access to firearms
  • It will criminalize citizens who loan firearms to friends for temporary use
  • It will criminalize citizens who temporarily transfer possession to others for the safety of themselves or others
  • It will overload a system which is already rife with glitches,errors,slow-downs and produces unnecessary delays and false denials
  • It is labeled an emergency where none exists
For these reasons the only common sense is to vote NO on SB 941
I plagiarized you again and added a part about the Bloomberg manipulated 80% poll and put a vote to the people if the poll is accurate.

Here's an incident reported from New York today.
A former resident of a Bronx homeless shelter returned there Monday night, abducted its director, forced her to undress in her car, chased her as she tried to flee and then shot her in the street, killing her, police officials said on Tuesday.

Witnesses told detectives that the victim, Ana Charle, 36, ran naked in the street from the suspect, West Spruill, 39, who was also naked as he chased her and opened fire.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/29/n...icmst=1409232722000&bicmet=1419773522000&_r=0

New York has some of the most draconian gun laws. UBC is firmly in place and yet this woman was killed. So much for "if it saves just one". Some more fuel to add to the fire.

It's crossed my mind, but in my job, I work with various government agencies and I have to be very careful about attaching my name to something like that. I'm happy to help collect signatures though. Plus, someone else here is already looking into filing the recall himself. That's a good thing.

Tomorrow I'll be at the capitol. I'm hoping I'll get a chance to get in and speak to Rep. Barton directly. I may even inform him that a recall is already in the early planning stages, and it may be in his best interests to consider a no vote.

Print this out and take it with you. Sometimes pictures are easier for politicians to read :)
<broken link removed>

Please tell him RECALL is pending for Brent Barton, I'm going to contact a few business around district 40 and see if they would be on board to have events or allow signatures to be gathered there.
My Girlfriend is concerned "THEY" would come after me if I become Chief Petitioner for Brent Barton's Recall Election process, and that since I work a state job they would somehow fire me, but I think I'm protected by the union and would just have to make sure I am not doing anything during working hours or on agency property.

Of course, you need to collect more than that number as a certain amount will be thrown out for a variety of reasons. Are there any suggestions out there as to how many more you should collect to be safe? 50% more? 100% more?
Please tell him RECALL is pending for Brent Barton, I'm going to contact a few business around district 40 and see if they would be on board to have events or allow signatures to be gathered there.
My Girlfriend is concerned "THEY" would come after me if I become Chief Petitioner for Brent Barton's Recall Election process, and that since I work a state job they would somehow fire me, but I think I'm protected by the union and would just have to make sure I am not doing anything during working hours or on agency property.

it is so frustration that we have to be concerned about our jobs for exercising legal rights to fight for our freedoms. Its not like we are downtown looting businesses. If they fire you for doing something completely legal, please sue the F' out of them and then retire. It would be the same as if they fired you for not voting for the right person.

None of us on the Riley recall have received any hassle so far (except for Bloomberg calling us the gun lobby)

Okay, I was at the capitol today. A bit frustrating as the House was in session all day, so none of the reps were available - we were there from 10:00 to 4:00 and couldn't get in to see any of them. I did leave my personal message face to face with several aids, though I don't think that will be as useful as a face to face meeting would have been. I tried to get in to see my Senator too, to thank him for opposing SB 941, but he was tied up all day too, even though the Senate was not in session.

We did sit in on the House session for about 45 minutes and watched as the Dems in control continued to push through their bills with little to no chance for the Republicans to try and stop them. It was party line all the way. Barton's aid did take my phone number. I won't hold out hope that he'll call me back; maybe he will surprise me.

I did try to give Val Hoyle the evil eye, but she wouldn't look up into the gallery :(

Very nicely stated. He's in some political trouble now for some animal bill dealing with cats being de-clawed? He's receiving worldwide emails against him on his animal bill.

Chalk up another person to sign a Barton recall! I forgot to look at my districts before I moved this last time in 2013. You can't image how pissed I was when I found out I was in his district. I missed the border of Kennemer's district by 200 feet.:mad:

Chalk up another person to sign a Barton recall! I forgot to look at my districts before I moved this last time in 2013. You can't image how pissed I was when I found out I was in his district. I missed the border of Kennemer's district by 200 feet.:mad:

Well, there is one positive that comes out of that - that 200 feet means you get the good fortune of sending him a message by signing a recall (once it gets going). And if he votes Yes, that will be a fine message to send him.

Do we have info on the recall? Who is spearheading? Time frame?

@WinterBaer45 has noted that he may be willing to be the chief petitioner for a Barton recall. He has done some preliminary research and I think he sounds likely to go forward. But, he may be waiting until after Barton casts his vote on 941. I'm not sure, he'll have to speak to that himself.

I have sent out two batteries of emails against sb 941 to only demo rats this morning. Let's keep up the fight. I call several on the phone and requested a no vote. In my emails I sent FBI stats on reductions in violent crime for the last 14 years. It looks like some of the Oregon Stats show a slight increase in violent crime in a few of the major cities-likely race and gang related. The majority of gang race gun violence is non-white, therefore gang.

Please continue to hound the demo this weekend with emails and phone calls! Please.

tkdguy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top