JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All the more reason to stretch wore across the border and blockade US 101 and I-5

California poll respondents would trample gun owner rights

An independent survey by the Field Poll has revealed that a majority of California voters are willing to trample the civil rights of gun owners by a 61-34 percent margin, and that more Californians have a negative view of the National Rifle Association (43 percent) than a positive one (37 percent).

<broken link removed>

All the more reason to stretch wore across the border and blockade US 101 and I-5

California poll respondents would trample gun owner rights

An independent survey by the Field Poll has revealed that a majority of California voters are willing to trample the civil rights of gun owners by a 61-34 percent margin, and that more Californians have a negative view of the National Rifle Association (43 percent) than a positive one (37 percent).

<broken link removed>

And in other news. The sky is blue.

:s0114:

Just messing with you Dave, I enjoy your articles.

Guys. I moved here from CA and can assure you I will never vote to infringe on any of your liberties. I also have been very vocal with your reps during my short time here letting them all know how we feel.

No doubt California is run by gun grabbers. The state is a lost cause and a prime example as to why we need to fight each and every infringement proposed, no matter how small it may seem. These people dont mind it taking a few generations to accomplish their goal. A death by a thousand cuts.

It's also indicative of the fact that Oregon and Washington hold strategic value in the culture/info war. Having the entire west coast shut down would be a psychological win for the authoritarians if not a territorial coup. No matter what the teevee tells you Washington and Oregon are not the same thing as Seattle and Portland. Period.

you can say the same thing about San Francisco/L.A. that you do about Portland/Seattle. Those 2 cities make up so much of the population in California that it sways the vote far left. Modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.

The devil is in the details. Anti-gun polls always have incredibly low sample rates, with samples reported from either dense urban areas, or the sample location not provided at all.

In the case of this poll, the total sample was 834 voters for only the question, "What do you think is more important - to protect the right of Americans to own guns, or to impose greater controls on gun ownership?"

The sample size for all other questions, was 415 voters.

California has a population of 38 million. The poll is based on the opinions of 0.00219% of the state population, and very likely all entirely within the Bay Area, which is where the polling agency who generated this report (Field Research Corporation) is located - why would they bother paying for their long distance calls just to get a more accurate sample?

The devil is in the details. Anti-gun polls always have incredibly low sample rates, with samples reported from either dense urban areas, or the sample location not provided at all.

In the case of this poll, the total sample was 834 voters for only the question, "What do you think is more important - to protect the right of Americans to own guns, or to impose greater controls on gun ownership?"

The sample size for all other questions, was 415 voters.

California has a population of 38 million. The poll is based on the opinions of 0.00219% of the state population, and very likely all entirely within the Bay Area, which is where the polling agency who generated this report (Field Research Corporation) is located - why would they bother paying for their long distance calls just to get a more accurate sample?

This is a great post. Whenever people bring up California and being a bunch of gun grabbing ninnies I think about the calccw map. This is a great illustration to show people the diversity that exists in the golden state. Notice the red areas are in the high population areas. This is also the majority voting base. The SF Bay Area has a population of over 7.1 million people. I lived my entire life in California and can assure you San Francisco County is much different than El Dorado or Nevada counties. ( I have spent time in all 3, living in 2 of them )

<broken link removed>

California is kinda like Oregon in the regard that outside of Portland is much different than the city. California just has multiple Portlands and a much higher voting population that essentially imposes their will on the entire state. I have read posts in regards to California and New York getting what they deserve, they voted for these people, blah blah. I wish it was that simple. People like me are just outnumbered, essentially our votes and opinions do not matter, we are out numbered by a million to one. I never voted for finestein, boxer, newsome, harris, but I sure as hell got them.

Imagine Seattle or Portland politics going mainstream and 80 percent of the voting population wanted it that way. You could be a poster child conservative or like me, libertarian and your votes simply do not matter. You can vote, yell, call, mail, it simply wouldn't matter. The " progressives " could do whatever they wanted.

What cracks me up about liberals and progressives is their ideas have been tried. I lived them. All one has to do is look at the current state of California. A complete and total disaster. They have absolutely positively bubblegummed the state beyond repair. I wish they ( all progs ) would all just move there and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

Please know CA has alot of great freedom loving people , that lived there for generations before people started coming to the golden state and bringing progressive ideas with them.

North Cal and the eastern parts of the state have a lot of awesome places to go and live - in theory. I just feel dirty every time I'm there, and I feel sorry for the people who have no choice but to remain there and be subject to the state's ridiculous laws, taxes, and expectations of its citizens. I'm not just talking about their gun laws. There is almost zero that the state of California does well today.

CA should be split into 2 states - cut the major population zones along the coast off from the rest of the state - pretty much everything down the central valley and east is pretty far from lib. When the big quake splits it off don't let them leave the island - make it obamaville and move the rest of the "progressives" over to help them with their utopia. We will gladly take all of the evil guns away from them so they don't have to worry about them :s0155:

This is a great post. Whenever people bring up California and being a bunch of gun grabbing ninnies I think about the calccw map. This is a great illustration to show people the diversity that exists in the golden state. Notice the red areas are in the high population areas. This is also the majority voting base. The SF Bay Area has a population of over 7.1 million people. I lived my entire life in California and can assure you San Francisco County is much different than El Dorado or Nevada counties. ( I have spent time in all 3, living in 2 of them )

<broken link removed>

California is kinda like Oregon in the regard that outside of Portland is much different than the city. California just has multiple Portlands and a much higher voting population that essentially imposes their will on the entire state. I have read posts in regards to California and New York getting what they deserve, they voted for these people, blah blah. I wish it was that simple. People like me are just outnumbered, essentially our votes and opinions do not matter, we are out numbered by a million to one. I never voted for finestein, boxer, newsome, harris, but I sure as hell got them.

Imagine Seattle or Portland politics going mainstream and 80 percent of the voting population wanted it that way. You could be a poster child conservative or like me, libertarian and your votes simply do not matter. You can vote, yell, call, mail, it simply wouldn't matter. The " progressives " could do whatever they wanted.

What cracks me up about liberals and progressives is their ideas have been tried. I lived them. All one has to do is look at the current state of California. A complete and total disaster. They have absolutely positively bubblegummed the state beyond repair. I wish they ( all progs ) would all just move there and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

Please know CA has alot of great freedom loving people , that lived there for generations before people started coming to the golden state and bringing progressive ideas with them.

As Duane Black stated CA is run by the progressive lib's in the bay area and LA, which sucks for the rest of the population. Here is what a lot of people in CA think about the "field poll"...

Field Poll: California voters favor gun controls over protecting Second Amendment - Calguns.net

Most aren't happy about it and say it is skewed to the left on purpose.

Ray

CA should be split into 2 states - cut the major population zones along the coast off from the rest of the state - pretty much everything down the central valley and east is pretty far from lib. When the big quake splits it off don't let them leave the island - make it obamaville and move the rest of the "progressives" over to help them with their utopia. We will gladly take all of the evil guns away from them so they don't have to worry about them :s0155:

I have seen this discussed by some, the splitting part. While I was a resident I would have been in favor of it. So would alot of others. It sucks to be taxed to absolute death and not have a single representative. I sent my local state rep here in WA after Sandy Hook a email asking him not to jump on the gun grabbing bandwagon. He replied; I agree ! Made some comment about how he would not infringe on our rights. I absolutely love Washington. We really need to get rid of the two dingbat senators though.

I follow Murray via twitter. You know the keep your enemies closer thing. She is a absolute idiot. I can't believe how long she has been around.

I lived in SoCal for the first ten years of my life and then again my last year in the Marines. I can safely state that if Southern California fell in to the Pacific Ocean, Arizona would become one of the greatest places to live on the planet. We'd just need a bigger wall with Mexico, like an Israeli style wall. 40 Feet down and 20 feet up.

My wife is talking about taking our MH and going to Disneyland with the grandson we have living with us. I'd rather fly to Florida and DisneyWorld where I can carry my Kimber then drive to CA where I would essentially have no protection. And yes, I know Disney is a no carry area in either state.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews