JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You really do like that Kool Aid, dontcha?

The southern invasion is the cause of the condition you speak of. Like someone stated before: the farm and orchard jobs were great for the kids in this country.

But then the owners found people they could pay pennies in comparison and further the greed. Yeah yeah, our families invaded this country.

Close the borders, and the jobs will have to get done somehow.

Or the jobs will just disappear because the employers decided that their enterprise is no longer worth the risk and effort due to increased labor costs. Learn to economics and history.

Protip: if you're unemployed, it's not because of Mexicans.

Yeah, I watched the Rogue Valley go to hell over the years. It used to be a nice place to live. It's not anymore. And it is because of immigrants.

Our society has become exceedingly greedy and lazy, period. Used to be, if you worked hard, you would reap the benefits of that work. Now everyone wants to work the least amount possible for reward, compensation, and benefits that they have not earned.

I started working at 14. I am unemployed now because I can be. Retirement does that for you. It's the benefit of hard work.

People willing to do jobs for less money, or illegally, and the people who would hire them are a large part of the problem.

If they are here illegally, then absolutely, screw them trying to make a living here. Go back to their own country and make money there.

I was just stating fact... No rage involved here.

If they are here illegally, then absolutely, screw them trying to make a living here. Go back to their own country and make money there.

I was just stating fact... No rage involved here.

Fact: you don't own this country any more than they own theirs. Immigration laws are nothing more than deliberate attempts to create human misery to appease economically and possibly racist nativists. Open, unrestricted immigration worked fine for 150 years, there's no reason why it won't work now.

If you don't like the welfare state, then rag on the welfare state. There's plenty of welfare fraud perpetrated by legal residents. Although I am amused by the idea of someone who supports the welfare state but opposes immigration: "Wahhh, that stolen money is mine! MINE!"

I rag on everything. The welfare state is another huge sticking point with me.

We have, on a whole, become a country of lazy greedy people who want something for nothing. I'm not saying that every one in the country falls into that but it is definitely a problem.

Open immigration is cool, immigrate. Just do so legally, pay taxes, and contribute. If you want to come here illegally and take jobs then send the money back home to the family, tell them to get a job and come back where you came from. And if you are here illegally and are involved in gangs or drugs, no more fear of deportation, you just need to be shot on sight.

Not much grey area with me I'm afraid. I am not a tolerant person, too many of our own citizens are allowed to work the system, the last thing we need is people here illegally doing it too.

I rag on everything. The welfare state is another huge sticking point with me.

We have, on a whole, become a country of lazy greedy people who want something for nothing. I'm not saying that every one in the country falls into that but it is definitely a problem.

Open immigration is cool, immigrate. Just do so legally, pay taxes, and contribute. If you want to come here illegally and take jobs then send the money back home to the family, tell them to get a job and come back where you came from. And if you are here illegally and are involved in gangs or drugs, no more fear of deportation, you just need to be shot on sight.

Not much grey area with me I'm afraid. I am not a tolerant person, too many of our own citizens are allowed to work the system, the last thing we need is people here illegally doing it too.

One cannot "take" a job from someone else, because no one is entitled to a job to begin with.

Frankly the whole idea of legal vs illegal resident is nothing more than a demarcation for the state to designate redistribution of expropriated funds (i.e. welfare). Remove the cancer and the other issues disappear.

It is a perpetually self driven snowball. I would love to see the cancer removed.

Never said that anyone was entitled to anything. Just that people should work for what they get. And if the jobs are filled by those who would work for lesser conditions then people end up getting something for nothing and the problem continues on.

It is a perpetually self driven snowball. I would love to see the cancer removed.

Never said that anyone was entitled to anything. Just that people should work for what they get. And if the jobs are filled by those who would work for lesser conditions then people end up getting something for nothing and the problem continues on.

Does not compute. People working for cheaps doesn't mean someone is getting a freebie.

This is asinine. You know exactly what I'm saying, as does anyone else reading this.

I don't want them here, nor do many others in this country. They should not be given, driving privileges, voting rights, jury duty, social help, nothing.

They should be put in a database and deported. And if they continue to come back then the punishment needs to get steeper.

If that's too harsh, well too bad, we are all entitled to our own views and opinions.

This is asinine. You know exactly what I'm saying, as does anyone else reading this.

I don't want them here, nor do many others in this country. They should not be given, driving privileges, voting rights, jury duty, social help, nothing.

They should be put in a database and deported. And if they continue to come back then the punishment needs to get steeper.

If that's too harsh, well too bad, we are all entitled to our own views and opinions.

Sure I know what you're saying. You enjoy making other people suffer based bad economics, bad morality and bad civics so you outsource your sadism to the state while deluding yourself about the real issues facing the country. Reading you loud and clear.

If anything, the fact that increased immigration drives the nativists into collective apoplexy is reason enough to support it.

Nah, I enjoy making people suffer in person. Way more gratifying. I was a soldier after all. You know waterboarding is just baptism for terrorists into freedom, right?

The government is broken and needs to go to hell. I am as pro government as I am pro illegal immigration.

I don't expect the government to do a damn thing for me. I grew up with an understanding of personal responsibility.

Nah, I enjoy making people suffer in person. Way more gratifying. I was a soldier after all. You know waterboarding is just baptism for terrorists into freedom, right?

The government is broken and needs to go to hell. I am as pro government as I am pro illegal immigration.

I don't expect the government to do a damn thing for me. I grew up with an understanding of personal responsibility.

Too bad the government is what defines legal vs illegal immigration, ergo, you are pro government for supporting those arbitrary and punitive laws. LOL.

So you're an anarchist then. 0 government at all? Well, that would thin the herd a bit.

Cool, let's do that.

Implying government is the only possible enforcer of laws.

That said government is the dominant cause of unnatural death in the last century so you figure there'd be more people in favor of abolishing it. :winkkiss:

Thus country was founded on the principle of government for the people, by the people, of the people.

It has become for the government, by the government, of the government.

I support the former.

I don't want them here

So are those who arrive to this country via airplanes inferior to those who arrive via spermatozoids? Whoever is working hard and paying taxes, respecting the others, adopting and defending the Constitution, should be welcome.

But practically speaking, make no mistake - the Californian legislators are only pushing this to appeal to the sizeable immigrant community and get their votes. It is pure politics that has little to do with human rights.

It is too late in the game, the cause is lost.

If you can save money by shopping at Walmart, hiring an illegal alien to do your landscaping, etc, go for it.

The time to mend things has long since past. We have the worst balance sheet on the planet and are toast. We've been taken over by the money men/banksters and that will not change until they entirely suck us dry and leave us for a rotting corpse.

The 'do the right thing' mentality was for a decade or two ago. Now it is for YOU and your survival.

If you can get your lawn done for $20 go for it. If you can buy a DVD player at Walmart, go for it.

The ship is sinking. This nation is toast. Might as well enjoy yourself a bit before the collapse hits. I say live everyday to the fullest FOR YOURSELF.

You cannot do a thing about where this nation is going, so don't bother. The Fourth Reich will march forward no matter what menial decisions you make.

The USA as you know it now will not even exist 10-15 years from now so there is no use posturing and trying to do the right thing.

I was wondering: 3 pages and no Burt-doom-message, where is this country headed??!? Fortunately still in the same direction, thank you Burt for not letting me down. ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top