JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For this state, this doesn't sound a bit out of the norm. Nothing would surprise me. And, SOMEONE had to vote these people making these decisions into office. YOU reap, what you sow

The key part was people here legally, it can take years for someone to get full citizenship. My wife who I have been married to for over 5 years and has been in this county since she was 6 months old isn't even a "citizen" she has a green card and eventually will get her citizenship but she has earned her doctorate degree here and pays more in taxes than most and can't even vote. Our immigration process in this country is a freakin joke. So I personally would have no problem with legal non citizens on jury duty.

The whole jury duty system here sucks anyway, It's a citizens duty but it seems like they try to make it as difficult as possible with no sympathy for those of us who still work or look after our own children. Juries here must be made up of welfare people or retired because of how they run it. Your wife is lucky to be left out of it IMHO.

Except non-citizens are NOT our peers, and a CITIZEN is entitled to a trial by a jury of their PEERS... hell let's give legal aliens the right to vote while we're at it... NOT!

BTW- My wife, and three of my kids are Australian permanent resident aliens.

Maybe the state decided that there are enough criminals who are not citizens that they needed a way to have their trial by a jury of their peers.... They best hope that the non citizens on jury duty aren't pissed that they went through the hoops to get here and hold it against the accused....

this is funny... simply because most legal immigrants don't want this law to pass...

the underlying problem is there is a lack of jury pool since most people try to find a way out of serving... this law isn't to give more rights to legal aliens... it's to force them to suffer through the same duty that a US citizen is required to do...

for most legal aliens, having the excuse of checking the box that says "not a US citizen" was a good way to not have to miss work and serve on a jury...

if you don't believe me, ask anybody you know who is a legal alien if they would voluntarily serve on a jury if given the chance...

BTW- My wife, and three of my kids are Australian permanent resident aliens.
Met a woman from Australia and her husband at the Salem rally in February that said she was working on citizenship and that it was very expensive for a family. If I recall, the husband was a Navy veteran and had spent some time on subs. Was that you?

LOL, implying citizens are more knowledgeable about civics and history than non-citizens.

The abortion known as public K-12 guarantees that is not the case.

I agree with the woeful lack of knowledge of this great country of many of our "citizens", however knowledge is not the question here. I have long believed citizenship should be earned by all through clearly defined criteria specifically community/military service (Heinlein had so many things correct!).
When a jury is called it is to be a jury of our peers, period. Some one who needs a translator, does not understand the demands of my life or family, even culture, is not my peer. They may in a few years of paying taxes, commuting, voting, etc understand, but not until they are citizens, committed to the Republic.

I agree with the woeful lack of knowledge of this great country of many of our "citizens", however knowledge is not the question here. I have long believed citizenship should be earned by all through clearly defined criteria specifically community/military service (Heinlein had so many things correct!).
When a jury is called it is to be a jury of our peers, period. Some one who needs a translator, does not understand the demands of my life or family, even culture, is not my peer. They may in a few years of paying taxes, commuting, voting, etc understand, but not until they are citizens, committed to the Republic.

LOL, the government preys on the citizenry, how can serving in the military teach you anything about civics?

Protip: Heinlein wasn't a militarist, Starship Troopers was a "thought experiment", in his own words.

the underlying problem is there is a lack of jury pool since most people try to find a way out of serving...

The underlying problem is lawyers. Defense attorneys wait until the last hour before a trial to submit a guilty plea, as a bargaining tactic with prosecution. Meantime, dozens of citizens are summoned for a trial which never happens. Thousands of hours of time are wasted, on the off-chance meth-head Bubba can do community service instead of getting another felony on his record.

Ever been called for jury duty, then sent home? You were just a pawn in that bargaining game.

Consuela.jpg

Consuela.jpg

Met a woman from Australia and her husband at the Salem rally in February that said she was working on citizenship and that it was very expensive for a family. If I recall, the husband was a Navy veteran and had spent some time on subs. Was that you?

It may have been her, but I'm an Army vet, and we had a retired Navy vietnam vet with us, but he was on a carrier.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top