JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had no idea. Is that good or bad?

Of all the hundreds of guns I have owned, I have never owned a single Kahr. Not for any particular reason, I just never have. I don't care for selling firearms with scantily clad women, but it's not a deal breaker.

I don't know US.

For those that do not know what we are talking about, Google unification church. I don't think much of it, it's just " interesting ".

I have owned many different handguns made by most modern makers. I have never owned a kahr. I have played with them about a half of a dozen times over the years. They seem high quality, the smaller ones are pocket concealable. I guess I like them. I know they have a large following.

I was going to buy one at one point in time, think I'm going to get a XDS instead. I really like the XD series of pistols. I'm a little sheepish of pocket autos after my LCP experience. Mine isn't a jam-o-matic, but it is not 100 percent reliable either.

I understand the church, I just don't really know if that is good/bad/other for the gun industry. It seems odd. I wasn't expecting an owner like that. Of course, I hadn't even considered it until you fella's brought it up.

I have had an exact opposite experience with my LCP. Mine is regularly in a front pants pocket in a very simple pockt holster. In the 3 years that I have owned it, I have had no malfunctions and I cannot believe how accurate that tiny barrel is. My 2 "regular" carry guns(the LCP and a RIA 1911) look like they were tied by twine to a car bumper and drug across the state. I carry them that much because of their reliability.

I love Ruger. I own over 40 of them and won't stop until I am dead. I also love their customer service. I would consider contacting them and discussing your issues. You may be surprised at how willing thy are to make it right. If you bought a Blackhawk in the '50's, Ruger will pay to have the transfer bar installed and send you the original parts to keep your gun in collector condition. They still do that 60 years after the purchase was made.

My understanding is that the company was started by the son of the Reverend Moon and was never officially linked to the "church". I could be wrong, but that is my recollection. They are excellent firearms. I carry one daily and it is my 2nd Kahr. BTW Kahr now owns Magnum Research (Desert Eagle).

If you bought a Blackhawk in the '50's, Ruger will pay to have the transfer bar installed and send you the original parts to keep your gun in collector condition. They still do that 60 years after the purchase was made.

They are not going to get mine, a '68 357, I'll keep it like it is. I do personally know a lady who dropped one and it did discharge and kill a family friend. Still I resist the recall, I might buy a new model to carry, but for now this one is a "Five shooter"

I do own two LCPs and a CW380. I'm a Ruger fan and I like what I have seen and own from Kahr. We have another "Korean" gun a Lionheart LH-9, Probably the best 9 MM we own. (Well my XDM 5.25 might have something to say about that)

Well enough hijacking this thread.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads