Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kahr moving from NY to Penn

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Beta1759, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Beta1759

Beta1759 Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

unklekippy and (deleted member) like this.
  2. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

I didn't know they were owned by the Moonies!

mjbskwim likes this.
  3. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Pretty strange huh ? I found this out while researching carry weapons a while back.

4. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

I had no idea. Is that good or bad?

Of all the hundreds of guns I have owned, I have never owned a single Kahr. Not for any particular reason, I just never have. I don't care for selling firearms with scantily clad women, but it's not a deal breaker.

5. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

I don't know US.

For those that do not know what we are talking about, Google unification church. I don't think much of it, it's just " interesting ".

I have owned many different handguns made by most modern makers. I have never owned a kahr. I have played with them about a half of a dozen times over the years. They seem high quality, the smaller ones are pocket concealable. I guess I like them. I know they have a large following.

I was going to buy one at one point in time, think I'm going to get a XDS instead. I really like the XD series of pistols. I'm a little sheepish of pocket autos after my LCP experience. Mine isn't a jam-o-matic, but it is not 100 percent reliable either.

6. unklekippy

I understand the church, I just don't really know if that is good/bad/other for the gun industry. It seems odd. I wasn't expecting an owner like that. Of course, I hadn't even considered it until you fella's brought it up.

I have had an exact opposite experience with my LCP. Mine is regularly in a front pants pocket in a very simple pockt holster. In the 3 years that I have owned it, I have had no malfunctions and I cannot believe how accurate that tiny barrel is. My 2 "regular" carry guns(the LCP and a RIA 1911) look like they were tied by twine to a car bumper and drug across the state. I carry them that much because of their reliability.

I love Ruger. I own over 40 of them and won't stop until I am dead. I also love their customer service. I would consider contacting them and discussing your issues. You may be surprised at how willing thy are to make it right. If you bought a Blackhawk in the '50's, Ruger will pay to have the transfer bar installed and send you the original parts to keep your gun in collector condition. They still do that 60 years after the purchase was made.

7. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

I don't think that Kahr is actually selling women with their firearms.

I think you might have meant: "I don't care for using scantily-clad women to sell firearms" ???

8. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Should have went to Texas instead...no real chance of ever having to move again!

9. unklekippy

Anything else on the level of "amazingly obvious" things you'd like to point out?

10. 9MilMan

9MilMan Milwaukie Active Member

My understanding is that the company was started by the son of the Reverend Moon and was never officially linked to the "church". I could be wrong, but that is my recollection. They are excellent firearms. I carry one daily and it is my 2nd Kahr. BTW Kahr now owns Magnum Research (Desert Eagle).

11. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

12. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I did not see this thread and posted a second thread, but now more than talk, they are doing it.

41Slinger likes this.
  13. Pandaz3

They are not going to get mine, a '68 357, I'll keep it like it is. I do personally know a lady who dropped one and it did discharge and kill a family friend. Still I resist the recall, I might buy a new model to carry, but for now this one is a "Five shooter"

I do own two LCPs and a CW380. I'm a Ruger fan and I like what I have seen and own from Kahr. We have another "Korean" gun a Lionheart LH-9, Probably the best 9 MM we own. (Well my XDM 5.25 might have something to say about that)

Well enough hijacking this thread.