JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I could see them having the MP5 type stuff under the coats. Not knowing what their side arms were, but I imagine they are not going to those if the MP5 is available. And who knows what they had in the back of those Suburbans.

It looked like they were a 3 platoon level of strength close in and a couple more in reserve with that MRAP type set up too. I heard air cover in a helicopter as well.

My bad - - I thought when the Feebs (FBI) switched back to 9's, the SS jumped on that bandwagon and got the "new" Sig P228s and 239s.

.357 is fine for shooting through car doors - but something tells me that the Suburban mounted .30 mini gun does a better job :D When you absolutely, positively want to turn the car into slag, and turn the occupants into pate, Dillon does the job.

When Pres. Clinton was in Portland for the Northwest Forest summit, I got shanghai'd to assist with security, since my job required a clearance. Didn't do anything more than wear a suit and direct traffic as required. The point seemed to be to minimize visible Secret Service personnel. There were three types: uniformed, which staff the metal detectors; suits that were around the President and in the near vicinity; and undercover, all outside. SS employees in the northwest that were assigned to other duties like counterfeiting were also called in to supplement the bunch that went with the President when he traveled.

The suits were identifiable by the lapel buttons, mics at the wrist of their off-hand, and receivers in their ears. The guys nearest me would look out the convention hall windows at the back of Portland Police and pick out anyone with an unusual sidearm. It seemed to be a 'game' to guess what it was. One of the Portland Police Lieutenants was third generation on the force; and he carried an S&W .38 that had originally been carried by his grandfather. Don't know if that was an everyday thing, or just for the occasion.

The undercover types came and went through a back entrance. They arrived with large duffles, which likely had several sets of clothes and a variety of arms, ammo and communication gear. Men & women, all races, every look imaginable [business attire, joggers, winos, students, protesters].

Musicians that arrived for an after-hours social were peeved because the SS went through their instruments and sound equipment very very closely, including demands to open up amplifiers and speakers so they could peer inside. Kind of funny, but two women blowing up helium balloons for Mayor Vera Katz evening shindig got carried away and popped one. Whoa! I immediately backed against a wall and kept my hands visible as agents came flying from every direction. The closest one was immediately talking in his wrist mic, and it blew over in 30 seconds. The two women were shaking and crying and apologizing profusely.

Last Edited:
When I was in High School, I remember Bush visited Park Rose High School. I was there with my Aunt who was a contractor. 2 of the secret service guys gave me a $50 bill and told me to get them some fast food and I could keep the rest. I felt cool and was curious as to why they would put so much trust in me. Anyhow, I made close to $40 but unfortunately I did not get to ask what kind of gun they had... Wish I could go back in time. :cool:
There's a whole lot of trust involved in their daily lives.. a whole lot of people they don't know are within touching distance to the president every day.. that are armed, sharing the security detail as it were.
But that's a good point.. however, if they'd take a bullet for the pres, they'd certainly eat some doctored grub.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top