JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
14572840_10155054675606729_5020680158702481595_n.jpg

I'd really be interested to see exactly how many individual US citizens own at least 1 gun. That's definitely not advocating for a registry... more just to satisfy curiosity. The figures I've found show the amount of owned guns is around 265 mil, not 300.

Assuming 265,000,000 guns, if each gun owner in the US owned on average 2 guns, 40% of the population would be gun owners.

If each gun owner owned on average 3 guns, 27% of the population would be gun owners.

If each gun owner owned on average 4 guns, 20.4% of the population would be gun owners.

According to chron.com the average is 8 guns per gun owner. This puts the number at 10.2% of the US population being gun owners. 1 in 10.
A new estimate on how many guns the average gun owner has

So if we look at the math they show there are 300 million folks in the US so take 10% from that it equals 30 million folks with an average of 8.866 guns if there are 265 million guns out there.

So if we say take 3% of the population the same number who they say mainly fought the British would equal 9 million folks divide that into 265 million firearms that would equal 29.44 guns per person with said 1 trillion rounds of ammo.

The combined US military active duty is said to be 1281900 with a reserve of 801200 and then there is approximately 1.2 million law enforcement equals 3.3 military and law enforcement combined and rounded up.

So to add to that poster we out gun and man the military and law enforcement by 2.7 to 1 and that's at just 3% so if we really where the bad guys they could not stop us.

I'd really be interested to see exactly how many individual US citizens own at least 1 gun. That's definitely not advocating for a registry... more just to satisfy curiosity. The figures I've found show the amount of owned guns is around 265 mil, not 300.

Assuming 265,000,000 guns, if each gun owner in the US owned on average 2 guns, 40% of the population would be gun owners.

If each gun owner owned on average 3 guns, 27% of the population would be gun owners.

If each gun owner owned on average 4 guns, 20.4% of the population would be gun owners.

According to chron.com the average is 8 guns per gun owner. This puts the number at 10.2% of the US population being gun owners. 1 in 10.
A new estimate on how many guns the average gun owner has
I don't think it's reasonable to expect that you can get a good idea of how many people own guns by asking people or counting background checks. Remember that when Connecticut made it a felony not to register your gun, they got about a 4% compliance rate. It seems to me that it's a lot less stress to lie to a pollster or hang up than it is to commit a felony.

I did a poll here some time ago and asked "How would you answer a telephone survey that asked if you own a gun?". 3 people out of 80 said they would admit to owning a gun. One would say no because they didn't own one. The other 76 said they'd lie, refuse to answer the question or not do the survey. Now that was an informal, unscientific poll of gun enthusiasts, but it's safe to say that most of them own guns, all of them are willing to admit it online, and very few will admit it over the phone. Something to think about.

It seems reasonable to me to expect that these studies and polls are low by a significant amount. How much? No idea.

Went to a shoot on Saturday at a gun shop.
Lots of guns were around as well as ammo and people.
Met some new folks , got to show how a muzzle loading rifle works , shot along side some modern gun shooters and exchanged opposing views etc ...
Seemed like everyone was having fun and no one was hurt or killed.
Oddly enough no news people showed up to report this.
Andy

So if we say take 3% of the population the same number who they say mainly fought the British would equal 9 million folks divide that into 265 million firearms that would equal 29.44 guns per person with said 1 trillion rounds of ammo.
So what are we waiting for? (also that's a lot of NY reloads)

So what are we waiting for? (also that's a lot of NY reloads)

So what are we waiting for?

That is the million dollar question personally I feel most of these folks are good hard working honest folks who believe in the system and still feel it is better than what we could get out of a revolution.

I do feel folks are frustrated with the government, Obama care, the constant war and this whole election process and it is wearing thin on them but it will still take a major US wide catastrophe before folks will step up and take control again. It will take something like a total economical collapse, EMP or a door to door gun ban with UN troops on US soil.

I do not feel a world war even on US soil would do it as that would rally the folks to support America and the American way and the American government.

A gun ban or Australia buy back is even questionable in my mind only because of what I read on a number of different forums. Many folks might just turn them in and not fight but I could be wrong.

So what are we waiting for?

That is the million dollar question personally I feel most of these folks are good hard working honest folks who believe in the system and still feel it is better than what we could get out of a revolution.

I do feel folks are frustrated with the government, Obama care, the constant war and this whole election process and it is wearing thin on them but it will still take a major US wide catastrophe before folks will step up and take control again. It will take something like a total economical collapse, EMP or a door to door gun ban with UN troops on US soil.

I do not feel a world war even on US soil would do it as that would rally the folks to support America and the American way and the American government.

A gun ban or Australia buy back is even questionable in my mind only because of what I read on a number of different forums. Many folks might just turn them in and not fight but I could be wrong.
Exactly. Historically, revolutions suck. Almost everyone suffers, and there is no guarantee that your side is going to wind up in power, or that when they do they will do the right thing. We got lucky once. Who knows what will happen if we do it again.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top