Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Just picked up a Sig 238 SAS

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Cougfan2, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Just picked up a Sig 238 SAS from Keith's. :woot: I had been going back and forth between the SAS and the Equinox, but in the end I really like the carry treatment they did on the SAS.

Might be a couple of weeks before I can get to the range, but I'm really looking forward to breaking this in in time to use it for Summer carry. The only negative so far is the trigger pull, while clean, is pretty heavy, but I think I'll put at least a couple of hundred rounds thru it to see if if lightens up a little before deciding whether to have a gunsmith work on it. Interestingly enough, the Equinox had a nicer trigger pull. I was surprised at the difference.

2. Tomoizle

Tomoizle Vancouver, Washington, United States Active Member

Nice I am junking about getting one of these to carry also :) nice pick up!

3. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

the sas was a beautiful gun, trigger pull was great and ate up those 9mm shorts that I bought surplus, really great shooter, if you want to pocket carry one, PCS makes really nice holsters, lightening sports in beaverton had them in stock the last time I checked, but I had to buy the colt mustang versions, which fitted well.
    IMAG0282.jpg

4. Cougfan2

Spider, thanks for the tip on the PCS holster. I am looking for a pocket carry holster. Was considering a DeSantis Nemisis, but this gives me another option to look at.

5. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

You might also want to look at the Remora. I actually have one you can borrow to see if you like it. I found it holds the gun in place like it is glued there.

Congrats on a great gun. I bought mine on a lark and it has ended up getting carried WAAAYYYY more than I ever thought it would. It replaced my Rohrbaugh as my deep cover gun. I carry mine in a clip on IWB N82 Tactical holster and it is the most comfortable I have even been carrying a gun.

6. Cougfan2

Thanks PBP, I may take you up on trying the Remora. This freakin' cast comes off my leg on Monday :yes: and I should be able to get around better so I'll shoot you a PM after that.

7. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to try it out for a couple of weeks. Being the nice guy I am, I would be more than happy to head on up and try it out for you!
    Mike

8. Cougfan2

Hehe! I will give your generous offer it's due consideration..............OK, NO! :laugh:

9. pogi

pogi Gresham, OR Active Member

10. Cougfan2

Thanks for the link, pogi! I'm really digging all the holster referrals on this thread. I tried the Kydex holster that came in the box with my 238 and it's a POS!.

Pretty much figured out that if I'm not going to pocket carry I'll carry in an IWB holster at about 4 O'clock, so am looking at those options as well.