JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A light would make it a decent option for a home defense gun. Already thinking its a good camp gun with its take down feature. Maybe a light could be useful for that too. Still, hope it sticks around. Might pick one up in the future, or wait to see where they go with it.

A light would make it a decent option for a home defense gun. Already thinking its a good camp gun with its take down feature. Maybe a light could be useful for that too. Still, hope it sticks around. Might pick one up in the future, or wait to see where they go with it.

I think it might survive, only because this time, Ruger is targeting a different set of customers.

Originally, the Police Carbine was targeted for Law Enforcement, with the P-Series semi auto handguns sharing magazines. Being a Ruger, there was not much chance of acceptance of either. And the gun shops refused to market it. It was doomed to fail.

Now, Ruger is marketing this to "average citizens" for personal defense, impromptu game-getting, and plinking. If it shoots as well as the previous Police Carbine, it will be a winner.

If it survives I hope it will get into other rounds as well. It'll be even better if the rear sight can be swapped to a notched rear sight, never really a fan of a ghost ring sight.

I like it. Would prefer .45 ACP or something, but 9mm is okay. Kinda curious what that small section of rail on the handguard is for.

Joke all you want but... If you have no neighbors anything is a good home defense gun. :rolleyes:

The rail on the bottom is for things like a light or laser. My current "Bed side house gun" is an older PCC in .40. Added a rail to the bottom for a light. Rifle has a pressure switch to turn light on when you hold it. For just in case I wake to the "bump in the night" and power is out so there is no light. I have the stuff now to set up my 10mm PCC for this and it will become the new "go to" bedside as soon as the light is on it.

My definition of butt-ugly...
And what is this - fine art work? This is WORSE as far as I am concerned - Heck this is uglier than a can of smashed azzholes!
ba05cb8d3352d32659630688d3aedb3a.jpg
It goes perfectly with Kel-Tecs ad campaign for it...
F77D0C44-EC4F-4165-A0DB-E45B5F3A38CD-397145.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews