JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guys and I are just coming in. You need help in the next 24, ask and we'll head your way. We'll be hanging out with the cherries at YTC till tomorrow afternoon. Then we're out again, but we'll detour hot if you need us.

Good luck.

Yessir, Dad's in charge, no doubt about that. And when we veer off course, there's always the nudge to get us back to where we need to be. Sometime is has to be not so subtle, at least for me... May the Lord's blessings be upon you and your family as you deal with this turmoil.

And prayer for rain, calm wind and an end to these wildfires.

I've received a couple sucker punches when I was to bull headed to feel a nudge

Prayers for you. Went through it last year with the Chetco Bar Fire. Had some level 3 (get the h**l out) people staying with us while we were level 2. Stored their valuables in a spare room for about a month. Their home was saved, thanks to the brave underpaid fire folks. Was sure wishing my gun safe (s) were more fire resistant.

Just got the phone call. Level 2 means be ready to go. There's a fire near here that's been steadily growing since yesterday.

It sucks living in a wildfire danger area during fire season.
So if I disappear for a while, you'll know why.

I'm going to get our bug out stuff together and be ready to go.

If you pray, please pray for all of us in its potential path and for the firefighters risking their lives.
I see this from Wednesday.
I was just wondering what the status .
My mom's friends just getting evacuated .
Now .Mongumery Creek California.
Or as some call it ROUND MOUNTAIN.
EAST OF REDDING AND SHASTA LAKE

Hi Folks!
We're back to level 2 and it's a very interesting story.

I plugged the CPU back in, but before bed I'll unplug it and put it in the truck. There is now a back fire 1/4 of a mile from our house and it's still at level 3 just two properties up our road. :eek:

The truck is backed up and the stuff we unloaded is ready to reload. Our dog was pretty freaked, but the cat was mostly bored being cooped up in a bedroom 24/7.

We were blessed to stay at a friends' ranch and it sure beats a motel hands down. We found out on our way home that there are no motel rooms anyway. So we're grateful.

If this is wandering I apologize, I'm half goofy. We're both exhausted, it's tough being out of your comfort zone under these circumstances.

I learned I just don't care about any of this stuff with the exception of losing years of preps. But the place is insured and hopefully the S won't HTF if we're stuck at the semi basics.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting a laptop. ;)

We went to the community meeting at North Valley High last night. Turnout was quite large. I don't know why I was surprised, but I was. It was informative and pretty low key.
Folks were able to talk to anyone up to and including the state fire marshal.

It's the "Garner Complex Fire" and it's a bunch of fires burning so close together that it's just easier to lump them together and essentially fight them as one.
They have over 2,000 men fighting it, the National Guard took over for the Sheriff's and locals and are pulling duty at checkpoints. (locals only most places near here)

They've had a bunch of air assets in and are giving it their absolute very best. Actually, we worry more about them, they're mostly so damn young. (One of my best friends sons was a smoke jumper who was killed just a few weeks before that entire fire crew was lost in AZ)

I can't think of much else in the way of news, so I want to thank all of you who have been so considerate and caring. I've seen it here before and it's the folks here that make this place what it is. (although guns help :cool:)

So, I'm going to go see how the glow in the sky looks.

I want to thank my friend @Velzey for putting up the thread that we evacuated. :)
The ranch has awesome tv stuff, but not so much in the comms department.

Last Edited:
Stay tough brother, and if you need any thing, I'm just a few hours north! BTW was at my hanger all day today and got to see a bunch of fire fighting aircraft landing and refuelling and then taking off again, it's normally a slow airport, but wow, it was really jumping today!

Thank you. There's a bunch of air assets working. The readout last night was 26 assigned aircraft but I have no idea about today since we were in Wolf Creek. Our neighbor across the creek never left although he's had some restless moments.

The ANG is at the checkpoint at our road. A staff and I'm not sure, but likely an E2 or 3 were there and we had a few minutes to BS which is good for an old airman like me. Although I was likely a civilian again decades before these guys were born. :confused:

Anyway time to sight see. :)

We had 4 of the Canadian anfibs stop on their way south, those birds are some of the best in the world and the Hot sticks that fly them are the very best, so if they are working your A.O., your in good hands! I also hear CAL-FIRE is sending aircraft to you guys, likely from bear lake fire station, so you should be seeing them if not all ready! Good luck brother, sending prayers your way!

We had 4 of the Canadian anfibs stop on their way south, those birds are some of the best in the world and the Hot sticks that fly them are the very best, so if they are working your A.O., your in good hands! I also hear CAL-FIRE is sending aircraft to you guys, likely from bear lake fire station, so you should be seeing them if not all ready! Good luck brother, sending prayers your way!
There are so many fires going in Oregon and CALIFORNIA .there are fire crews from all over heading thst way or are already there.sad to say but it's only going to get worse before it gets better . according to my mom .if her freinds house gets .dest destroyed . this will be the second time they have lost a house to fire .
And her other friend . this will be his third house

Yup, and the next 4 or 5 years will be the worst EVER in recorded history! California Burned badly last year, and if they get any thing close to that this year, there wont be any thing left of it! Oregon is going to suffer greatly as well, especially as California absorbs all the Resources! Its one of the many reasons I sold my Hot Shots, Oregon was a Muthertrucker to deal with, while begging me to bring the full company to fight the Gorge fire last season, I was already committed to the L.A. Hills fires, then back to back with the Napa Valley fires, no breath between, and Oregon is screaming at me, even trying to threaten me! I told this state to go pound sand, I would never do business with Oregon ever again! Last I heard, My old Company had doubled in size and was committed to the fires in Colorado ( rightly) and were not available to use in California! The man I sold to has had the same experience with dealing with Oregon, and Likely will refuse to send any one to fight an Oregon fire, EVER! They treat Us like employees, pay dick, hold your pay for between 31 and 90 days, audit your books like your a 3 year old sand box cheat, and squabble over every stinkin penny! Mean while, they wanna build 200 permanent housing rooms for the homeless in Portland, to the tune of Millions of our money, but will let the rest of the state burn!

Sorry Gog, I wish there was something I could do to help! If I still had the business, I might have brought the teams up to help, God knows you guys need that kind of Crew! Maybe Trump can force the State to act in the best interests of the people and the land, nationalize the National Guard and start working those fires using Fed resources and having a Fed pay master to allocate funds away from the State pet projects!

I'm wound up tighter than a cheap watch, but I just took half a Xanax and may doze off in the middle of a sentence. My cardiologist gave them to me in 2014 so I figured it might help to actually take one. o_O

I just checked the conditions and I can't see any glow, but you could cut the smoke with a knife. The Moon is visible although there's not a star in sight.
It's finally cooling off so we'll have an inversion in the AM which will give the ground assets and firefighters an opportunity to get some work in in somewhat better conditions because of it.
Then when it clears air should be able to get into action.

BTW, the Taylor Creek fire is the one that's threatening us.

When the smoke clears (literally) I'm going to get busy looking into the abuse and mismanagement of our forests and resources by the feds. I was already doing it to some extent, but now it's personal.

They've been cutting ditches across the forest roads that run off of our dead end road. We go up there all the time and treat everywhere with respect. There's waterfalls, ponds, caves and God's beauty and it's being denied to us.
If you ever want a good perspective of how much land the feds control in the West, maps are available. If you've never seen it you'll be stunned. It's also quite amazing when compared to the East.

Anyway I digress. Have a good nights rest, hopefully we'll be here in the morning. ;)

Just got the phone call. Level 2 means be ready to go. There's a fire near here that's been steadily growing since yesterday.

It sucks living in a wildfire danger area during fire season.
So if I disappear for a while, you'll know why.

I'm going to get our bug out stuff together and be ready to go.

If you pray, please pray for all of us in its potential path and for the firefighters risking their lives.

Just a reminder, folks: If you're a preparedness-minded individual, don't just move out into the country because some book or preparedness expert told you to. Self-fulfilling prophecies happen far too often: Houses burned down, burglarized, etc.

Yup. Ever since I was able to procure our BOL I've said that the only thing that would move me would be a wildfire or other natural disaster.

I'm heading to town shortly to drop Brandi off at work and then I'll be right back here for evacuation standby. Then I'm going to take this window of opportunity to sort out our stuff a little better.

One lesson learned is to have a laptop rather than a cpu just for portability.

Back later.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top