JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just ordered a Henry single shot 12ga shotgun today. I know, I know, not BP, wrong section, dimbleweed. Bear with me.

I have wanted the .22LR insert for a long time for one of these as well, so I go to order one from https://www.gunadapters.com

Wile looking around, I come across this: which allows for using a 209 primer and black powder. https://www.gunadapters.com/12-gauge-to-209-muzzle-loading-adapter-1/ "bubblegumming COOL", I sorta silently mumble to myself.

In my past searches for rifle primers, I remember seeing tons of 209 primers available. Well, a quick search has turned up everyone out of stock, as well as out of stock of Pyrodex RS powder. Bulk #5 shot seems a bit scarce too.

Bubble burst. Looks like those who have bought out all the centerfire reloading components have moved on to black powder.

No question or anything here, just a vent. Carry on.

If you use .22 blanks as primers, buy the crimped ones, not the ones with a cardboard wad.:)

I used to use .22 blanks to fire a muzzle loading cannon and the ones with a cardboard wad
jammed up the touch hole.:s0001:

I just ordered a Henry single shot 12ga shotgun today. I know, I know, not BP, wrong section, dimbleweed. Bear with me.

I have wanted the .22LR insert for a long time for one of these as well, so I go to order one from https://www.gunadapters.com

Wile looking around, I come across this: which allows for using a 209 primer and black powder. https://www.gunadapters.com/12-gauge-to-209-muzzle-loading-adapter-1/ "bubblegumming COOL", I sorta silently mumble to myself.

In my past searches for rifle primers, I remember seeing tons of 209 primers available. Well, a quick search has turned up everyone out of stock, as well as out of stock of Pyrodex RS powder. Bulk #5 shot seems a bit scarce too.

Bubble burst. Looks like those who have bought out all the centerfire reloading components have moved on to black powder.

No question or anything here, just a vent. Carry on.
Did you try that 12ga to BP adapter?

If you use .22 blanks as primers, buy the crimped ones, not the ones with a cardboard wad.:)

I used to use .22 blanks to fire a muzzle loading cannon and the ones with a cardboard wad
jammed up the touch hole.:s0001:
I believe these are just crimped.

1658080133577.png

12ga to 22 adapter cut down and use 22 blanks as primers?
That is an interesting idea. 12ga to 22lr adapters are less than half the price. Have you personally tried it?

Edit: I don't think you would have to cut this one down as it is pretty short already.

You could probably use 22lr ammo for ignition, if you pulled the bullet and dumped the powder charge? Another project is going on my list:)

I haven't, I'm working on a nail gun blank propelled gun at the moment.
Which blanks are you going to use. I am thinking about picking up these yellow tops in the morning during my pipe shopping trip at home depot.

Which blanks are you going to use. I am thinking about picking up these yellow tops in the morning during my pipe shopping trip at home depot.

I've been messing with the purple .27 caliber blanks, not sure of the brand.

I got to thinking about this and wonder why a hull can't serve as the 209 adapter? Copy this guys method except use a primed hull in place of the 209 adapter

If you want to be really cool cut down a high brass hull to just above the brass portion of the hull. The hull would be serving as a primer holder and as a breech seal. What am I missing?

I got to thinking about this and wonder why a hull can't serve as the 209 adapter? Copy this guys method except use a primed hull in place of the 209 adapter

If you want to be really cool cut down a high brass hull to just above the brass portion of the hull. The hull would be serving as a primer holder and as a breech seal. What am I missing?
Umm, easy removal of the spent primer?

I haven't, I'm working on a nail gun blank propelled gun at the moment.
Reinventing the parlor pistol- Flobert ? Not critical just interested.

Umm, easy removal of the spent primer?
I am going to attempt to massage the primer pocket in the primed hull I test popped in my slam fire barrel. The goal will be to get a primer to primer pocket fit, that will allow the primer to be pushed in with very light pressure and removed without taking the hull out of the barrel. It's not really practical for the slam fire shotgun but could be useful in break open shotgun that doesn't have an ejector.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top