JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stay away from the newer charbroil grills, dunno about the infrared ones but we picked up the four burner one with one on the side and it sucks. The burners goes around the edges which doesn't cook the greatest and after a month it started to mess up and doesnt heat up like it should.

I know at Home Depot they had a gas grill with a smoker underneath it which looked cool since I am interested in smoking. I live in apartment which is why we dont use charcoal and I also like instant gratification when I want bbq.

Remove the grates and take a nylon brush and then some canned air to the part of the burner that isn't working right. I have this issue on my Weber when I haven't used it in a while. Fixes the problem right up.

I have tried cleaning it but to no avail, one of the wifes coworkers had the same problem with a couple of them. Its frustrating for something that isnt that old.

Last summer my son managed to burn through one of the lines. Quite the fire. So I'm in the market for a better one as well. I'd really like to get one that would let me choose wood, bbq briquettes or natural gas depending on my whim at the moment. Oh, the kicker, I'm feeling I'm maxed out at @700 bucks.

Is it out there?

Thanks Starship! That looks right along the lines of what will do the trick...although I wonder how cheaply made it really is....

Were you able to get one locally in PDX or is a road trip to Kalifornia in order:)

Last summer my son managed to burn through one of the lines. Quite the fire. So I'm in the market for a better one as well. I'd really like to get one that would let me choose wood, bbq briquettes or natural gas depending on my whim at the moment. Oh, the kicker, I'm feeling I'm maxed out at @700 bucks.

Is it out there?

That same desire (and the few options were either super expensive or super cheaply built) is what ultimately led me to the pellet cooker. It's ready about as fast as my gas grill used to be, and has so much more flavor.

billcoe, didn't actually buy this one (just came across it). I tend to research and hunt all over when I'm look at something new.
In fact I do so much advance looking that by the time I actually pull the trigger (pun intended) and buy something it's almost anti-climatic.

Still leaning towards a pellet BBQ but haven't completely made up my mind.
Instead I went out last night and bought the S&W M&P 15-22P (pistol).
Talk about a solution looking for a problem, but what the heck it's alot of fun anyway you look at it.

I'm like that as well. Pellets are costly, so who can say.....Congrats on the M&P by the way.

Redcap, any pictures?

There is a welding shop on MLK blvd. that has been there for years that has a barrel Q up on the fence. I've heard these are great and am thinking of that for my next charcoal grill.I have a gas grill.$199.00 brinkman that is cool because you can come home and cook and still get a good steak or burger. I also have the brinkman smoker with the fire box on the side for ribs and roasts, this one allows me to use the fruit wood trimmings I accumulate as fuel plus a 30 gallon drum charcoal grill. It,s all good!!

Thanks Starship! That looks right along the lines of what will do the trick...although I wonder how cheaply made it really is....

Were you able to get one locally in PDX or is a road trip to Kalifornia in order:)

Billcoe,

2 of my friends have this grill. They are pretty cool, and I'm thinking of getting one this year. A few things to note about them are:

1: When you add the smoker box to the side, there is alot of room for the smoke to leak out, and it doesn't seal like a real smoker. This also makes the temp hard to control.

2: After a year of hard use, one of the friend's had to tighten the bolts on 2 or more occasions.

Other than those two things niether friend has complained. I would suggest that if you are interestead in getting one, to purchase it from Bi-Mart. They have the best price that I have found (Fred Meyer and Lowes carry the grill as well).

While I do love the simplicity of the Weber and charcoal....... once I got my greater last year there is no going back. Like everyone said? It isn't fast, and you may miss really searing a steak ...... but they are so versatile. We make everything from meat to veggies on it. Casseroles, baked dishes, Brownies, cookies, and of course the pizza is outstanding! Try that on a gas grill. Ooooooohhhhhh and the baby backs. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ok... just one more thing...... I can throw a pork shoulder on in the morning before work, and take it out when I get home. Pulled pork with some south Carolina BBQ sauce on an outdoor roll with Cole slaw...... yum

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I am Weber guy. I have both the full size and the little Smoky Joe. I've had gas grills, they nice and easy but nothing beats the old school dome and charcoal, IMO. Mine get near daily use. Hickory smoked pork ribs tonite.

:s0155: That was my experience too. After I (finally) scrapped my 2nd propane BBQ, I bought a Weber kettle. That was 17 years ago and it's still here and still cookin'!

Have had a Weber Gold "B" stainless gas grill for the last 13 years. Only had to replace the thermometer once. Nothing has worn out. Can't be more satisfied with the quality and performance. Spent about $475.00 back in 1998. Now for the guy who has everything or won the lottery, I present to you, <broken link removed> All I can say is Holy Moley!!!:s0001:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top