JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had 5 chanced to shoot 5x5 plus size bulls this year and still got 5 months on my willamette elk tag, but its cow only lol. I stalked up on these 2 5x5 bulls yesterday, started from over a 1000 yards out and in the photo I'm 150 yards away , watched them for 15 minutes hoping some cows would come and hang out , no luck,

It was just about dark so I just slowly backed off not spooking them , checked this am at first light , no elk in sight . 20171109_163415.jpg 20171109_162512.jpg

Dang man, i'm sure a ton of people would die for that shot.
Me included. But that's how hunting usually works.
See bulls when you need a cow, see cows when you need a bull, and of course you always see deer in elk season and vis versa.

I've had 5 chanced to shoot 5x5 plus size bulls this year and still got 5 months on my willamette elk tag, but its cow only lol. I stalked up on these 2 5x5 bulls yesterday, started from over a 1000 yards out and in the photo I'm 150 yards away , watched them for 15 minutes hoping some cows would come and hang out , no luck,

It was just about dark so I just slowly backed off not spooking them , checked this am at first light , no elk in sight .View attachment 404072 View attachment 404071
By the looks of it, you're on private land there. That would make it off limits to most anyway.

i cant believe those elk are in the willamette unit. CRAZY!!

Yep there are actually several small herds to medium sized herds within or crossing over into the willamette unit . unfortunately for the masses its 99.9% private grounds. I'm fortunate enough to be in management on a large farm and know alot of the local farmers gaining me some access .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top