JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
but be prepared to pay a hefty fee. probably cheaper to buy beef!
The only time in history it was EVER cheaper to hunt for meat was when there were no tag's or hunting license required and you lived near the game and could essentially hunt within a few miles of where you lived.

Unfortunately SOME can do this still (and maybe not legally) but many large landowners don't pay a dime for meat....

Otherwise if you factor in ALL the costs - license, tags, time, driving distance, camping out and any additional costs such as landowner charges the cost per pound is beyond compare - and this is providing you kill something.

The only time in history it was EVER cheaper to hunt for meat was when there were no tag's or hunting license required and you lived near the game and could essentially hunt within a few miles of where you lived.

Unfortunately SOME can do this still (and maybe not legally) but many large landowners don't pay a dime for meat....

Otherwise if you factor in ALL the costs - license, tags, time, driving distance, camping out and any additional costs such as landowner charges the cost per pound is beyond compare - and this is providing you kill something.
Shut your filthy mouth! :eek: :eek: :eek: Geez, I don't want my wife reading this! :eek::eek::eek:

:p:p:p

A lady friend of mine scored an OTC cow tag a couple years ago on public land not far from LaPine, and likewise got lucky and killed a cow without much fanfare of time invested and came out pretty good but it was a lucky situation for her.

Don't care what anyone says, for me, hunting is spending time with God. Priceless.

Whats interesting about the cost of hunting is it still "feels" cheaper when you do finally get one, the cost of meat alone adds up over a year would really offset trip expenses but an elk can fill a freezer.

I don't see anything wrong with the OP putting it out there, but I think you have to be realistic.

Most folks with private property have family, friends, relatives and communities of folks... that that know... more than happy to help them manage destructive wildlife for them. If for no other reason... that's just part of being a good neighbor and supporting your community.

Folks willing to take the risk of having a complete stranger shooting on their land... you gotta bet they are only doing it for the money.. and "strangers" gotta be willing to pay to play. It's as simple as that.

There's no easy "shortcuts" trying to come in from the outside and not reasonable to expect to bag some easy meat for practically nothing. It's part of their land resources so stop the bellyaching and "put up" or "shut up".😜

Just sayin....

Dude!! You begging to get your bro code card punched!!??:s0057:

🤫🤫🤫🤫

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews