JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since he did not commit a crime I believe that he still have his right to have a concealed carry permit just like anyone.

If he go to jailed for loosing his handgun by accident then there will be lots of criminals in our prisons. Save the jail space for real criminals :)

One more reason to send kid to Boy Scout.

Every since that story, I double check under our seats after a movie. I found my wife's iPhone after we went and saw "Gravity" last weekend.

Heard that was a good movie, you like it?

Certainly cases like this indicate the need to use a good holster that holds the gun securely. Not sure if he was using an el-cheapy softy holster, or no holster. I have a hard time understanding how you don't notice the weight of the gun missing from your hip (or wherever he was carrying).

I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson in this - and hopefully is a more responsible gun owner/carrier for it.

Its nice to see that a fair out come can still be reached in todays avid anti gun climate. Although it was very irresponsible to not keep a loaded weapon secured it was not commited with criminal intent and Im sure that Mr. Quackenbush learned a very big lesson. (Quackenbush! gotta love that name LOL).

Last Edited:
Quack! I worked with that guy for about a week back in the mid 80's.

This does not surprise me and I can safely say this is not the first nor the last such move he will accidentally make.

From what I recall a really nice guy, just quirky.

Good outcome. The law is usually merciless against the average Joe that makes a mistake, but gives all sorts of leeway to real criminals, druggies, and thugs.

LEO should be very pleased with the jury decision. If they would have found loosing ones firearm a crime, the next LEO who forgets his in the public bathroom could get arrested.

Good outcome. The law is usually merciless against the average Joe that makes a mistake, but gives all sorts of leeway to real criminals, druggies, cops, and thugs.
There ya go, Burt.

A cop leaves an M4 on the trunk of their cruiser and - what - no charge? Nothin'? The only reason we heard about it at all was because of the cellphone pic somebody posted on social media. Another cop leaves her service weapon in the crapper and, once again, it only becomes news because the citizen who found it publicized it. God only knows how often cops do it; those publicized events are the tip of the iceberg.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top