JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you do the jungle boogie?

• Yes, I do! For practical purposes (e.g., defense, SHTF, et al.)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Yes, but only for competitions where doing so doesn't run afoul of rules.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Yes, but only for purely wacky purposes and rarely at that.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Nope, I sure don't.

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • (gasp!) Fully semi-automatic AR14s are already deadly enough with those barrel shrouds!

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Um, eh, (burp!) wut? Got that song on 8-track when rolling in ma Ford Pinto.

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
I'm so sorry, I'm killing this thread with distractions.

@Andy54Hawken can you work your dark magic with Copenhagen and create a military bullbubblegum thread and separate this crap that I produced??

Sorry for that.

Words to the muthafukka. (does that get deleted??).

Hey, American/Delta fly boy, you always fly right by me.

Eat better chow and get better gear, I'll make do.

And at least we agree on humping a '19.

Different times, different places of service. I respect what what you did.

And guessing from your previous post's you have this crayon-eater thanking you for you gay cervix....

To transmit in encrypted Jarhead: "I thank you for what you have done"

In street Jarhead: "Fook you flyboy".

You will not receive red crayons. Only green or red.
We all bleed the same Red, American Blood, that's the bottom line!
Ain't no color, race, creed, religion in the back of my Helo!

I may bust on Deck Apes, Snek Beaters, Squids, and such, but it's all out of respect from this Ol' Rotor Head!

I can't oblige that you accept the Rustpickers....

Stupid aside, that was wonderfully written. Thank you..

You step on Snek?

That's a new one one me...

Let's look at the genesis.

During most of Vietnam there was a lot of weak training for the average grunt. Given an M-16, a few 20 round magazines and less than optimal means to carry those mags. Improvised means of having easier access to reloads is only natural - plus it looked cool despite questionable effectiveness.

I've been listening to a lot of interviews over the last couple of years with former MAC-V-SOG guys and the basic problem was the same despite the higher levels of training - 20 round mags for the CAR-15s and lousy magazine pouches. The canteen covered is regularly mentioned as being pressed into service for that purpose. No specific note of taping mags together but they were always looking for the edge with reloading.

These days we have much improved methods of carrying ready magazines; not much advantage to attaching magazines. Reload drills are a crucial part of our training regimen; slow is smooth, smooth is fast until we can't get it wrong.

I'll make one possible exception - assuming Pineland rules, practicing an immediate action drill of responding with only a ready rifle and no support gear, two or three magazines attached makes some sense. Although some sort of reliable drum magazine might be a better choice.

Creativity is key

Tell me more about the 'Hagen?
Not too much to tell here...

Usually you take one loaded magazine....
Take another loaded magazine , turn it upside down...and place it 'bout the middle of the other magazine...
Making sure that both magazines can still be inserted into the magazine well....
Tape it all together with 100 MPH tape...
Done.

On some firearms...the 'Hagen can is the proper spacing , so you don't have to turn a magazine upside down.....
I'd put the 'Hagen can in the middle of both magazines and tape 'em together.

As I said...it works...but I thought that it also threw the balance off the rifle or carbine.
Its fun , but not worth it , kinda like cheep beer....Or a Glock...:D
Andy

Last Edited:
8-track, fiery collision, Donna Summer cooing for the warm-down. OG all the way.
Hey, now! My Pinto was a great little car. Never blew up once, even after getting rearended on I5 in the ice!

(we won't talk about my collection of 8-track tapes and players...)

It's their man-buns, higher-pitched voices, skinny wrists, lady-hands, skinny jeans, and always proceeding their replies with "Yeah, I know", that sickens me.

:rolleyes:

:D
That last part always sets me off! If they knew, we wouldn't be talking about it. If preceded by all of Stomper's requirements, We're probably done talking... :s0155:

I can't oblige that you accept the Rustpickers....

Stupid aside, that was wonderfully written. Thank you..

You step on Snek?

That's a new one one me...

3FCD3D47-5B58-41C0-BC08-0E6FB4457122.jpeg

I have two mag clamps that hold two together. Right now I have 2 20-round P-mags clamped together, each loaded up with expanding ammo and kept in my defensive AR. I've also got a pair of 30-rounders attached to one another with M855 loaded up. I've got some LBE with a couple old-school flap pouches for spares, plus loose mags with no home. It works for me. I don't find the balance to be that off with the 2nd mag on the gun.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top