JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you do the jungle boogie?

• Yes, I do! For practical purposes (e.g., defense, SHTF, et al.)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Yes, but only for competitions where doing so doesn't run afoul of rules.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Yes, but only for purely wacky purposes and rarely at that.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Nope, I sure don't.

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • (gasp!) Fully semi-automatic AR14s are already deadly enough with those barrel shrouds!

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Um, eh, (burp!) wut? Got that song on 8-track when rolling in ma Ford Pinto.

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Which link?
The one in your earlier post. https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Dual_d0be12_1682684.jpg

Dual_d0be12_1682684.jpg

Hey, we registered Luddites have a purpose in life. It's to keep you innerwebz speedsters honest with your postings...
I am truly abashed over that comment. Anyone who accidentally hits the right mouse button and discovers hidden commands is not necessarily a computer or interweb geek.:D

I am truly abashed over that comment. Anyone who accidentally hits the right mouse button and discovers hidden commands is not necessarily a computer or interweb geek.:D
Hmmmm... accidental click of the right mouse button...
But... the cursor has to be hovering over something before the accidental bump... who knew...??? o_O
TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

Last Edited:
Can't say that I ever have. I have bought them that way on a couple occasions though.

Once was a pair of 30 round M1 Carbine mags spot-welded together, because they were cheap. I hated them that way, so I pried them apart and broke the weld. It bent them so that I had to spend a lot of time carefully straightening them. They worked fine after that.

Another time I bought a pair of 20 round Mini-14 that were duct-taped together. I assumed they were aftermarket but didn't recognize what brand. They looked decent and were cheap, so I took a chance. Here's what I found when I got them cleaned up.

IMG_1663.jpg

NO!
We always ran an initial single 20 round mag in the carbines, and a vest full of 30's! No need for any thing else, and it wouldn't have made a mage change quicker or more convenient! As it was, we needed to keep our carbines as light and compact and as free from snag as possible.

The only exception was for those of us that carried a M-16 with 203, then it didn't matter, it was always heavy!
You ever M-249 my man? I would have killed for a 203. I carried that beach for four years through the horrible wasteland of Northern California, the scenic high deserts of 29 Palms, Ca. and the thick (yes, I said thick) forests of Okinawa.:):):s0003::s0003::s0003:

Different jobs, different tools and I do respect that. Sorta, kinda, maybe:)

But I do...
I have done so...while actually in a jungle even...:D

With that said...
For me at least...it worked...I can see the "why" of it...but I felt that it also threw the weight and balance of the rifle or carbine off....
So I never really did it again after trying it out.

I found that a empty ( or full , if you prefer ) can of Copenhagen placed between the two taped magazines worked well for spacing...
Andy
Tell me more about the 'Hagen?

You owe me a knife....

And to not steer away from this away.

No, I have no "special secret reloading methods". Nothing against it, but I think that I can do without it in my current situation.

I do have some lazy Copenhagen cans laying around in my planning for disaster though.

You ever M-249 my man? I would have killed for a 203. I carried that beach for four years through the horrible wasteland of Northern California, the scenic high deserts of 29 Palms, Ca. and the thick (yes, I said thick) forests of Okinawa.:):):s0003::s0003::s0003:

Different jobs, different tools and I do respect that. Sorta, kinda, maybe:)

But I do...

Tell me more about the 'Hagen?

You owe me a knife....
Naw, never a SAW guy, trained and qualified on um, and we packed a pair of them should Maw-Duce ever go hard bent, but alas, never humped one across the barren wastes! Now, Maw-Duce, she could dance, and I would have moved heaven and earth to pack her along no matter the strain!

Don't know what an um is... But I'm just a Jarhead.. You Air Force guys got all the good food and gear. It was probably secret to us. Crayon eaters can't be trusted.

An unnamed range marksmanship program? That's just me guessing with a delicious red crayon in my maw.

But to the M-2. That beast rocks. And yes, I'd hump a leg being it a barrel, receiver or tripod. That is a piece of mastery

Different services, perhaps different times.

Just don't ask me to man pack a Mk-19 at this day and age...

Hell yea. Street cred yo! More opportunities to miss. Plus you get the style points while you're at it.

425AA22E-0E4E-4A49-9AE5-B23956546524.jpeg 07DB3DF7-1409-4684-A83C-04832ADEA6C9.jpeg

I'd trust you crayon eaters long before I would trust some others, at least you always knew where you stood with Marines, you were ether on their good side, or not.
As far as food went, half the time, yea, it didn't exactly suck!

Ditto on the MK-19, we didn't have them, and didn't want them ether!

I'd trust you crayon eaters long before I would trust some others, at least you always knew where you stood with Marines, you were ether on their good side, or not.

Oh the Mark-19 is a lot of fun.

Words to the muthafukka. (does that get deleted??).

Hey, American/Delta fly boy, you always fly right by me.

Eat better chow and get better gear, I'll make do.

And at least we agree on humping a '19.

Different times, different places of service. I respect what what you did.

And guessing from your previous post's you have this crayon-eater thanking you for you gay cervix....

To transmit in encrypted Jarhead: "I thank you for what you have done"

In street Jarhead: "Fook you flyboy".

You will not receive red crayons. Only green or red.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top