JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The judge acknowledged the legal landscape had changed with the June U.S. Supreme Court ruling in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen, which struck down a New York law that placed strict limits on carrying guns outside the home.

But Immergut wrote, "it is equally important to recognize what Bruen did not do."
IMHO, Kavanaugh talked about permitting for carrying outside the home. Not a permit to purchase. Am I incorrect in my assumption?

https://ballotpedia.org/New_York_State_Rifle_&_Pistol_Association_Inc._v._Bruen

Justice Kavanaugh

Justice Brett Kavanaugh filed a concurring opinion, in which Chief Justice John Roberts joined.

In his concurring opinion, Justice Kavanaugh wrote:[1]

"he Court employs and elaborates on the text, history, and tradition test that Heller and McDonald require for evaluating whether a government regulation infringes on the Second Amendment right to possess and carry guns for self-defense. See District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U. S. 570 (2008); McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U. S. 742 (2010). Applying that test, the Court correctly holds that New York's outlier "may-issue" licensing regime for carrying handguns for self-defense violates the Second Amendment.

I join the Court's opinion, and I write separately to underscore two important points about the limits of the Court's decision.
First, the Court's decision does not prohibit States from imposing licensing requirements for carrying a handgun for self-defense.
...Second, as Heller and McDonald established and the Court today again explains, the Second Amendment "is neither a regulatory straightjacket nor a regulatory blank check."[5]
"
—Justice Brett Kavanaugh

So.. a lawyer in a black robe with a history od deciding a certain way, decided a certain way anyhow, disregarding the Bruen decisions guidelines and going right back to the other way of guidance (public safety weighting).. :rolleyes: those who have 10+ rd magazines in limbo with their guns.. go get them now!

She gave the state a 30 day extension instead of the 60 they requested. I suspect all of these cases will need to go in on appeal up the ninth and beyond as she clearly doesn't respect Bruen.
Does this surprise anyone? the tyrants are running the show...

The judge acknowledged the legal landscape had changed with the June U.S. Supreme Court ruling in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen, which struck down a New York law that placed strict limits on carrying guns outside the home.

But Immergut wrote, "it is equally important to recognize what Bruen did not do."
"it is equally important to recognize what Bruen did not do"

Which was, to change her mind about going against the very thing she probably hopes for... the total disarmament of the American people, constitution be dammed!

:mad:

So.. who's got priority in Oregon? Fed judge, or State Circuit Judge? Any bets this specific case goes before a Fed Judge for appeals and then to District then to SCOTUS?
This is a different case so it holds water until the Oregon State Supreme Court tosses it (likely to be done as most of them were appointed by kate brown). This deals with the "Oregon Constitutionality" of the measure. I think there were a few items for debate such as having multiple items in a ballot measure and it violating oregon's take on the 2nd amendment.

What in the hell are dealers supposed to do with the thousands and thousands of arms they have in back rooms with +10 magazines that are waiting to clear background checks? Will they have to peel the magazines out to let them go after 12/8? So much horsepuckey.
Have a party and give them away for free?

Temporary restraining order placed on new gun law, hours after federal judge cleared it

another article: https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/20...arney-county-judge-in-separate-challenge.html

Sadly the Oregon Supreme Court I suspect will overturn this injunction as most of them were appointed by Kate Brown. I wish we had gotten a different federal judge.

Sadly the Oregon Supreme Court I suspect will overturn this injunction as most of them were appointed by Kate Brown. I wish we had gotten a different federal judge.
No matter what the ruling, one of the parties will appeal and it will be tied up in the courts for years.

So.. a lawyer in a black robe with a history od deciding a certain way, decided a certain way anyhow, disregarding the Bruen decisions guidelines and going right back to the other way of guidance (public safety weighting).. :rolleyes: those who have 10+ rd magazines in limbo with their guns.. go get them now!
Yep she is blatantly defying SCOTUS. Bruen instructed them to not balance individual right vs "societal good". But that's exactly her reasoning she wrote in her ruling (shootings went down after 2004 assault ban lifted, etc). She is really thumbing her nose at SCOTUS here in a blatant way. There will be no relief on this until it reaches SCOTUS.

Yep she is blatantly defying SCOTUS. Bruen instructed them to not balance individual right vs "societal good". But that's exactly her reasoning she wrote in her ruling (shootings went down after 2004 assault ban lifted, etc). She is really thumbing her nose at SCOTUS here in a blatant way. There will be no relief on this until it reaches SCOTUS.
I would love to see a good SCOTUS biach slap a ho!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top