JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

She gave the state a 30 day extension instead of the 60 they requested. I suspect all of these cases will need to go in on appeal up the ninth and beyond as she clearly doesn't respect Bruen.

What in the hell are dealers supposed to do with the thousands and thousands of arms they have in back rooms with +10 magazines that are waiting to clear background checks? Will they have to peel the magazines out to let them go after 12/8? So much horsepuckey.

What in the hell are dealers supposed to do with the thousands and thousands of arms they have in back rooms with +10 magazines that are waiting to clear background checks? Will they have to peel the magazines out to let them go after 12/8? So much horsepuckey.
Destroy them or modify them ... Better hope they make a 10 rounders for them.

No there's that 180 day window to get them out of state. Maybe someone in Idaho can set up an LLC and offer to take all these mags off dealers' hands, and in exchange send compliant 10 rounders.

Screenshot_20221206-100931_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
They'll have 180 days to sell them out of state, modify them, or dispose of them.

Yes, I'm aware of what the measure says, but are they going to open the box and strip the mags out? And then, what? Charge the customer full freight? Throw in 10 round mags? Such a mess.
I guess that's going to be up to each individual dealer to decide. Possibly bulk sell out of state masses of inventory. Big businesses will just send their inventory to their other locations out of state. Small businesses might be able to unload inventory to them. Maybe contract with an online retailer to sell and move inventory to another state. There are some options, but yes, it's a logistical mess, and it's going to hurt a lot of owners.

She gave the state a 30 day extension instead of the 60 they requested. I suspect all of these cases will need to go in on appeal up the ninth and beyond as she clearly doesn't respect Bruen.
G4 is making people take the mags home before the bcg clears and sign a waiver saying they took them home.

I told my buddy who has 2 firearms in ffl jail to go pick up his mags ASAP. The FFL he is going through could be sticklers for the law and retain the mags post 12/8 lllBGC pass.. so its best for anyone with a firearm in lock up to go and snag those NOW.

Any word from OSP on the suspension of processing BGC on the 8th? Will they continue now, for the 30 days?

-edit - I assume they will. But am too old to take my assumptions seriously, and wonder if anything from them has been directly said that changes their stance.

Last Edited:
This is interesting...

"Immergut pointed out that those who already own or may inherit large-capacity magazines can keep them, under Measure 114, and nothing prevents people from carrying multiple magazines outside of the home."

It seems this is saying that 10+ mags can be passed to others via an inheritance.

The judge acknowledged the legal landscape had changed with the June U.S. Supreme Court ruling in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen, which struck down a New York law that placed strict limits on carrying guns outside the home.

But Immergut wrote, "it is equally important to recognize what Bruen did not do."

Sure am glad the "judge" upheld the prohibition on regular size mags! It's for your own good you silly little people! "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I checked the backlog is at 36000 and likely won't be through all of those in the next 30 days. The judge did mention to the state if they wanted more time she would grant it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top