JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, Whats wrong with jumping out of perfectly good aircraft? Its just like jumping out of the back of a truck, or off a tank, Just takes a few min more before you land! Like AndyinEverson pointed out, its the lazy mans way to battle, gravity does all the hard work for you! LOL We used to call in arty now and then, pretty cool sound, a 155 inbound danger close!!!! Right up front blowin stuff up, Not much better then that I say! Got a pesky building full of insurgents all shooting rockets at you, Call in the Arty, Problem solved! Course the big boys get to play with Air Strikes and such, but you gotta start out somewhere! Me thinks you will love those big guns, and maybe find a you like self propelled, or Tanks!?!?!?! It's all open to you if you try and keep your options open! Make your self a good Rifleman first, and the rest will sort it's self out in time!

@h4344
Experience joining for all you can.
The sights (pun) throughout the lands will help you be all you can be, now, and later in life.
I got settled as soon as the DI's started groovin on some good cadence.

Congrats

h4344 Just remember, Basic is supposed to be hard, it's supposed to be a challenge. The D.I's are not out to get you, or to make you fail, or make you quit! They are actually there to help you learn every thing you need to know, they are there to help you succeed in becoming "Army Strong" and they are there to encourage you to do your best, even when you think you cant go any further! Keep a positive attitude, listen and learn, and all will be fine! Never quit, Never give up, or give in on your self, Basic is designed to teach you that the limits you impose on your self, are not even close to what the human body can endure, its all a great big mind game, one you win when you learn the Army isn't trying to kill you, they are trying to show you how to be stronger and smarter then you ever thought possible! I still talk to my old senior D.I. two or three times a month, great guy who really tried his hardest to make every one succeed and put his heart into a some times thankless job!

Congrats and great attitude! Former 15E40 here. I can tell you're a good dude and that's the way to approach it. Small side note, when you get to Fort Sill, they use to have (42 years ago) an indoor .22 range that had Olympic style Ansutze rifles and it was available for soldiers all the time with free unlimited ammo. Just ask around, I hope it's still there for you now, great place to hang out. Other than that, except for the overpriced comfort women in the Lawtonian, OK is a dry hole pretty much. At least it looks like you might miss summer time. Wish I'd kept some of my targets, it doesn't get better when you get older it seems:)

Remember.....
You can put up with anything for a short period of time. Even in Basic, they have to let you eat. You only have to endure until the next meal.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews