JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
According to a new book by authors Joshua Horwitz, the executive director of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, and Casey Anderson, a Washington, D.C. attorney, individuals who support the Second Amendment are now to be labeled “insurrectionists.” The book, Guns, Democracy and the Insurrectionist Idea, recycles a lot of the “right-wing extremist” rhetoric, “militia” rhetoric, and adds the concept that supporters of the Second Amendment are a danger to democracy. Noted anti-Second Amendment professor Saul Cornell states the book “is an important first step in demonstrating how reasonable gun control is essential to the survival of democracy and ordered liberty.”

Links and thoughts here: <broken link removed>

"... individuals who support the Second Amendment are now to be labeled "insurrectionists.""

Personally, I would wear that label with pride, harking back to King George and the Founding Fathers and all.

A great counterpoint to Horwitz and Anderson is Prof. Robert H. Churchill's book TO SHAKE THEIR GUNS IN THE TYRANT'S FACE concerning the history of the civilian militia movement 1774 - 2004. (corrected)

It is written... in the end of days, good shall be called evil and evil shall be called good, the lowest of the land shall be held in high regard while the honorable and righteous shall be reviled and their lives shall be sought after to satisfy the lusts of those who would do evil unto their fellow man, all in the name of their gods who dwell within their own selfish bellies... woe unto them who would cast the entire earth into darkness.

Isaiah 5:20

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

And THAT is about as religious as I will ever get around here! :s0129:

That is all, carry on...

Yeah and we all own assault weapons and have arsenals as well, right?

The left is panicking. I think this country is moving more towards the armed society being a polite society than the other way around. The only issue now is making it a more important issue. The way I see it, if it were foremost in people's minds, Obama would have been crushed in the election. However, people are voting based primarily on other platforms, and then the left are sneaking legislation through. Guns and gun-owners aren't in jeopardy because the majority of America don't want guns, but rather because its not an important enough issue (YET!) to sway entire elections. I believe there will be a tipping point (and I think Sotomayor's confirmation may help this) where people will realize that the removal of a citizen's right to own a gun is a symptom of a larger sickness and will move to correct it.

But then again, I'm an optimist today.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads