Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Come Join the Obama Protest Rally In Roseburg Friday

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by eliduc, Oct 7, 2015.

1. eliduc

eliduc Active Member

There is a protest rally in Roseburg Friday protesting the politicizing of the Roseburg shooting by Obama. The Roseburg organizers are asking for participation. The protest has gone viral and over 4000 have already pledged to be there. I am proposing caravans from both Portland and Medford that would have participants join along the way. Is anyone interested? One newspaper reported that if this protest rally is successful it will be a nightmare for the Whitehouse. The people of Roseburg and Douglas County have sent the message "Stay Away from Roseburg Obama!~ You Are Not Welcome." The Roseburg Beacon has accused Obama of standing on the corpses of the murdered students to make a political anti gun speech. My son and I and anyone else we can convince to come will be leaving at 7 AM from Medford to stand for our constitutional right to own a firearm. Is anyone interested in leading a caravan starting from Portland. Maybe a lead truck flying the American Flag? The presidential limo will be flying the flag maybe we can out flag Obama. Anyone from Medford who is interested reply and we will find a meeting place. There's not much time.

dietrich, Slobray, ron and 7 others like this.
  2. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Maybe we should go state wide on Friday with a USA flag on our vehicle to protest the coming of the WH to Roseburg? Go state wide.

Dyjital, Slobray and BoonDocks36 like this.
  3. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

You mean the people don't want to see their king? animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Slobray, ron, BoonDocks36 and 6 others like this.
  4. Buster1

Buster1 Oregon Coast Active Member

Wish I didn't have to work!! I'll be there in spirit!!

spookshack and BoonDocks36 like this.
  5. mikeybuck

mikeybuck Clark county Active Member

Will this be open carry friendly?

freestoneangler and BoonDocks36 like this.
  6. ConcreteJungle

ConcreteJungle Eugene Well-Known Member

Highly unlikely...
    Plus, the point of this is to protest the politicizing of the situation. We need to go to show support of the people of Roseburg/Douglas county, not let the MSM write headlines for a having open-carry demonstration. Catch my drift.

I'm off on Friday so I'll try very hard to be there.
    Any more details? Time/place?

Dyjital, dietrich, GOG and 3 others like this.
  7. balaperdida

balaperdida eastern idaho Well-Known Member

If it could be done, it would be far more effective for the Great Pretender to see streets empty except for the boot-licking mayor.

8. Kid@Heart

Kid@Heart Vancouver, USA Cynic Lifetime Supporter Diamond Supporter

Nobody ever won a battle by conceding the field to the enemy.

9. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Not only would this paint a negative picture for the national media that will be there, the Secret Service would plant your face in the dirt in a nano second. Open carry or even concealed carry anywhere the near the President is not a very wise thing to do.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  10. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have to agree. This is not the time or place to make that statement. First off, the protest is about Obama politicizing the deaths of these people - and an open carry protest would be doing the same thing.

Second, and most important, if the protest is anywhere near the President, the Secret Service would put you down quickly. Being around the POTUS is no time to mess around with carrying, like him or not. If someone must carry, keep it concealed.

freestoneangler, Slobray, ron and 3 others like this.
  11. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

So, are ya'll taking flags of discontent?

12. edison bulb

edison bulb Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I wish I could go but I'll be working. Don't open carry at this event! Too much negative media attention. Also a terrible idea to carry anywhere near the President.

13. Mongo1

Mongo1 Santiam Canyon Active Member

There are 3 points for people to gather in Roseburg . I'm going there on Thursday and spend the weekend. I posted the locations in a post following.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Sgt Nambu likes this.
  14. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Spot On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Mongo1

Mongo1 Santiam Canyon Active Member

Stuart Parkway and Aviation Drive
    Edenbower Blvd andd Hiway 99
    College Road and Hiway 99
    9 am Roseburg Oregon

DuneHopper likes this.
  16. mikeybuck

mikeybuck Clark county Active Member

I'm glad to see the response about open carry. I don't think I would want to be part of that lol.
    Even the wife wants to go.

Oathkeeper1775 and Caveman Jim like this.
  17. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Ya I am wrong at times but I just don't think he will show up. Resistence is building on Facebook and gooberment watches close how it's going to look. They are not going to want to take a chance a bunch of screaming patriots ruin his photo op in my opinion.

If he does show up they will divert any unwanted crowd away and sound him with boot lickers. Media won't cover the protestor as media is in the tank with gooberment. Hope it all does go good guys, it would be simply capital if we had a good protest but I don't think he will show.

I am going to watch tomorrow and if he says he will be there for sure on Friday then I will drive down to wave a finger.:D

Dyjital, BoonDocks36 and etrain16 like this.
  18. scrandall01215

scrandall01215 Washougal,WA Well-Known Member

This thread should be loaded with people that are going! It's not very often one gets to hit the enemy so hard right in your back yard, there should be 10s of thousands showing up!!! The only reason I'm not going is I'm getting married this weekend, I said something about going and about got shot by my fiancé!( not literally ) needless to say I wish I was going.

Stacy

19. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

Oh man, I so wish I could go. But I have an important meeting Friday as well as on Saturday :(
    We will see if he bails out when he sees all the resistance. If he does show up, will he have the
    nerve to talk about gun control?

BoonDocks36 and Caveman Jim like this.
  20. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Man I wish I could make it!!!! I doubt my car would make it there and back.
    Anyone from the Oly area going? I'll split the gas $$$!!!

BoonDocks36 likes this.