JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Purchasing & inventory management primarily, along with parts sales and customer service, but would really like to get out of an office and learn something more hands-on.

I know I am a broken record sometimes buuut...

AAA Oregon is always recruiting for service techs, both in battery service (same work I do) and towing. Last I knew their starting pay is $18 /hr plus benes. They recruit through Indeed.com usually. They are building a west side fleet HQ in Tualatin, slated to be fully open this fall. Their current primary base of operations is in SE.

I know I am a broken record sometimes buuut...

AAA Oregon is always recruiting for service techs, both in battery service (same work I do) and towing. Last I knew their starting pay is $18 /hr plus benes. They recruit through Indeed.com usually. They are building a west side fleet HQ in Tualatin, slated to be fully open this fall. Their current primary base of operations is in SE.
Good to know, thanks!

Hit up the local electricians union and become an apprentice.

First 2 years the pay is low.

3rd and 4th years it pays fairly well.

Journeymen make $35+ after that.

Might be out in the cold but you always have a roof overhead and it's really not a complicated or hard labor if your up for it and handy with tools.

Someone on here might have a better foot to put in a doorway for you though.

Best of Luck! It took me 8 months to find a job that fit. This last go around.

The hardest part is finding a company willing to train, rather than demanding experience.

Well, if you go the union trade route, the union pays you while you are in school, if you get into their program. Its mostly night/weekend classes after work. I know a guy who did it right out of high school. He's got a stupid amount of cash saved up..works his bubblegum off most of the year, but sometimes asks ti be laid off for a bit to enjoy some of that cash. Theres always a job open somewhere with them. If your background is squeeaky clean, you could wind up on a cush contract with Intel - they are hardcore sticklers and don't allow contractors with so much as a duii conviction. So if you can live on $15/hr you could go the union route, if they accept you.

The AAA job, no experience is necessary, they prefer hiring customer service oriented folks and teach them the hard skills, rather than trying to teach an uncouthe grease monkey how to be nice to customers :rolleyes: That is what the people in HR and the club president told us at our annual contractor's meeting last month.

Tons of warehousing going on in Wilsonville, Tualatin, etc. That was my area (freight delivery, big truck) from 2012-2015... it got split from 2 routes to 4 or sometimes 5 just over those 3 years... pulling doubles, triples and 53 footers down there and we were still understaffed.

I can't speak to any opportunities in specific, but if you're looking for shipping, receiving, inventory management or even retail counter sales, you're looking in the right area.
F Portland... corrupt and unworthy.

The AAA job, no experience is necessary, they prefer hiring customer service oriented folks and teach them the hard skills, rather than trying to teach an uncouthe grease monkey how to be nice to customers :rolleyes: That is what the people in HR and the club president told us at our annual contractor's meeting last month.
I understand completely! I managed a lube shop for a few years (in a previous life), and I actually preferred hiring people with no experience.

The hardest people to train were always those that "used to be a mechanic"... :rolleyes:

Tons of warehousing going on in Wilsonville, Tualatin, etc. That was my area (freight delivery, big truck) from 2012-2015... it got split from 2 routes to 4 or sometimes 5 just over those 3 years... pulling doubles, triples and 53 footers down there and we were still understaffed.

I can't speak to any opportunities in specific, but if you're looking for shipping, receiving, inventory management or even retail counter sales, you're looking in the right area.
F Portland... corrupt and unworthy.
My goal is to stay in the Tigard/Tualatin area, if possible. I have no desire to fight downtown Portland traffic for any reason. It's just not worth the aggrevation.

The hardest part is finding a company willing to train, rather than demanding experience.
No.
We are set up to take someone "off the street" and turn them into a Journeyman in a 4 year program.
The formal training is done at the Training Center and you are called in periodically from your job to spend a week training.
The employers are all onboard with this because training = a better crew member.
Just bring Common Sense and some hustle.

Right now I cannot get good Journeyman Carpenters or apprentices.
My electrician cannot get good Journeyman Electricians.

No.
We are set up to take someone "off the street" and turn them into a Journeyman in a 4 year program.
The formal training is done at the Training Center and you are called in periodically from your job to spend a week training.
The employers are all onboard with this because training = a better crew member.
Just bring Common Sense and some hustle.

Right now I cannot get good Journeyman Carpenters or apprentices.
My electrician cannot get good Journeyman Electricians.
I appreciate the info! It seems like most job postings are looking for experienced journeymen, but I'll keep an eye out for apprentice positions.

I would definitely get your resume on indeed. I got so many emails from recruiters, for decent jobs too, that I switched mine to private. It's pretty sweet to have people come to you about a job instead of the other way around.

Look here if you are actually interested in an apprenticeship: Oregon Apprenticeship Opportunities

They list when apprenticeship application periods are open, contact information, wages etc. I wouldn't say anything there will be specifically Tigard or Tualitin though.

I would definitely get your resume on indeed. I got so many emails from recruiters, for decent jobs too, that I switched mine to private. It's pretty sweet to have people come to you about a job instead of the other way around.

Look here if you are actually interested in an apprenticeship: Oregon Apprenticeship Opportunities

They list when apprenticeship application periods are open, contact information, wages etc. I wouldn't say anything there will be specifically Tigard or Tualitin though.
I've been spending a lot of time on Indeed lately, so will make sure to get my resume posted ASAP.

Also, thank you very much for the link!

IIRC Plumbers & Pipefitters (or is that Pipe Hitters) union hall is located in Tualatin near Teton Ave.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews