JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So there I was flipping channels but doing everything I could to avoid news channels. It's just to darned depressing to watch the news anymore. As I flipped by CNN I heard that voice that just makes you want to watch. Jesse Ventura was on the Piers Morgan show on CNN. I can't decide if he is just trying to entertain by appearing to live on the edge of reality or if he really is just an uninformed conspiracy minded train wreck that he appeared to be tonight. Either way he was very entertaining. Piers Morgan was pretty good at getting him visibly upset just by asking follow up questions that showed he pretty much doesn't know what he talking about. Probably the funnest hour of TV I've watched in quite some time. :s0155:

There must be something in the water in MN. The same state that elected Ventura for Gov. elected Al Franken to the Senate. I used to live there. It's a great state if you can stand the politics.

Jesse "the body" Ventura, he use to entertain the heck out of me when we still had Portland Wrestling every Sat night at 11;00, he had such a great shtick.

Going into my way back mode with Playboy Buddy Rose, Lonnie Mane, Rowdy Roddy, Billy Jack, Dutch Savage, and of course Tom Peterson and many more.

I loved the old days of wrestling when it was just a bunch of guys getting in the ring and whaling the crap out of each other, even thought it was obviously fake. I still watch WWE RAW now and then just for giggles, but it's more about selling the next PPV match now than it is about the wrestling (if you want to call it that).

I will say this, these guys are marketing geniuses. We're talking a Redneck soap opera that people will pay big bucks to watch.

I used to love staying up to watch Portland wrestling as a kid.My all time fav was Andre the Giant.I don't know,i think I was about 10 or 12 years old then.Thats when wrestling was fun to watch because they actually wrestled.
I can't remember now,who was the guy that did the "Heart Punch"?Man,that brings back good memories!

Stan " The Man" Staesinik did the heart punch, in the 80's he was selling cars i'll never forget him telling my friend "buy this car or i'll give you a heart punch" my friend looked at the used car and the price they were asking and walked back and said "i'll take the heart punch"

Quick memory flash back.

In 1988 I was 16 and the wrestling team put on a fund raiser at Mid High in Hillsboro (formerly Hillsboro High School and later Thomas Jr high), in the gym with Portland Wrestling and they came out and set up a ring we sold some tickets, show on.

My job was to watch one of the doors coming into the gym, so I was standing in the doorway watching the show, I get a tap on my shoulder from behind me, I am 16 and with a cocky arrogant look on my face I slowly turn around to see who is thumping on my shoulder,,,shock,,,, There stood the largest man I had ever seen or seen since,,.
Andre the friggin Giant, I am standing in the doorway looking like an idiot not sure what to do are say when Andre says excuse me I need to get in, I said sorry,, he says no problem and sticks out the largest hand there has ever been and I reach up and shake it.
He ducks and goes through the door and wrestles 4 midgets at once,LOL.
The kinda of thing a kid can never forget.
Tony Bornes son (forget his name), and Dutch Savage were also on the bill.

This is one of my favorite quotes of the last few years

"You give me a waterboard, Dick Cheney, and one hour, and I'll have him confessing to the Sharon Tate murders." Jesse Ventura

Jesse "the body" Ventura, he use to entertain the heck out of me when we still had Portland Wrestling every Sat night at 11;00, he had such a great shtick.

Going into my way back mode with Playboy Buddy Rose, Lonnie Mane, Rowdy Roddy, Billy Jack, Dutch Savage, and of course Tom Peterson and many more.

Those were the days - from the late 70s to the mid 80s staying up all night Sat watching Big Time Wrestling. I used to love watching promoter Don Owen constantly flub his lines (I still have never seen a human being who was so nervous on TV) or forget the name of the wrestlers. Still he managed to sell the drama it never failed that sometime during the broadcast he would tell the wrestlers "they would settle it in Eugene, or Medford".

Anyone remember when Tom Peterson forgot where he was supposed to be standing and ended up getting tagged in the head during one of the Crows Nest brawls?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top