JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For those that understand, no explanation is necessary. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
images.jpeg-2.jpg images.jpeg-6.jpg images.jpeg-7.jpg images.jpeg-8.jpg

Last Edited:
"The man in the ivory tower mocks the little people and their failed dreams, never realizing he is the smallest person of all for he has failed to dream."

Jessi had many dreams. Many came true, some did not, but she is to be admired for her efforts.

Pursuit of happiness...Let Freedom Ring.

Well said my friend.

I'm going to be honest, I never heard of her until this thread, because I, generally, don't watch television, with some few exceptions. It is sad that a person as young as 36 passed from this Earth. I feel for her family at such a loss. As sad as this is, she, evidently, went while pursuing her passion, and I respect her determination. Rest in peace, Ms. Combs.

I had to look her up. Unmarried, no kids. That changes how I thought of her. I still don't get it, it seems to me she threw her life away for nothing - I mean really, who gives a rat's a$$ about how fast you can drive? - but it was her life to throw away and she had no one depending on her. Her choice, but I don't mourn volunteers.

P

Meanwhile, several OEF service members died this month. Serving their nation, earning peanuts doing it, real risk of dying almost all the time (unlike motorsports where it's a rarity), no fame, no fortune, no fanfare of men flocking around because of how she looks, etc. Where are their dedicated threads?

Admit it. You're interested because she was attractive. Pretty shallow, really.

Some people....:rolleyes:

Folks, Lets keep this on topic and refrain from negative posts! If you don't like or agree with this young ladies choices or her passion, Fine, keep it to your selves! No one here is bashing you for your choices or passions, so it is expected you will refrain from bashing others, especially in a memorial thread!

I can't speak for others, but for yours-truly, negative. Blondes do nothing for me, as I've always been a brunette man. Not that if I found her physically attractive it would be a negative, because, frankly, I'm a man and not sexually repressed, like so many in our society. I had no idea about her until this thread, but, having read the articles, she, before her untimely death, appears to have lived the life of her choosing. There are legions of timid souls that have lived sad, pathetic lives of quiet desperation well beyond hers, who can only be pitted. Most certainly, I would not wish to go at the age Ms. Comb did, and I have a beautiful wife and children who are, in many respects, my raison d'être. But I still admire the departed's spirit, even if it was sadly snuffed out so quickly. And most importantly of all, I have respect for the dead.

Meanwhile, several OEF service members died this month. Serving their nation, earning peanuts doing it, real risk of dying almost all the time (unlike motorsports where it's a rarity), no fame, no fortune, no fanfare of men flocking around because of how she looks, etc. Where are their dedicated threads?

That's what you take from this? Wow man.

Do you ever have anything to say that isn't negative and condescending? :rolleyes:

Wow just wow

Air is very dense at sea level, and below. It makes things much harder to go as fast as close to the ground, compared to altitudes where a human needs to supply their own oxygen/nitro breathing air. Its far easier to go fast in thin, to nonexistent air ;)

You want a real difficult challenge, try breaking 400mph on water, without getting out of water and into Ground Effect. The current absolute water speed record is 318 mph in 1978 with Spirit of Australia by Ken Warby.

That said, RIP to a fellow dream chaser.

:( Very Sad but at least she did not die of a overdose like a huge number of young Celebrates have been ,She Died with her boots on so to speak. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top