JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had some help for a member on here and found that Jc higgins model 30 is also a HI Standard M-30.
The gun is a tube fed .22 semi-auto
sold by sears an robuck under number 583.74
I think I found one place selling a firing pin. But doing a little more to double check. But they want $30 for the pin after shipping. (I only paid 40 for the gun) So I am still doing a little looking.
thank you for the web site.

I don't want to sound like a smart aZZ, but is there a chance that you bought a $100.00 gun for $40.00, because it needed a $30.00 part?

Sorry, just think'n 'out loud' and couldn't resist sharing the thought. :D

well I will place it in my to do pile an make that $30 part for $1 or so (depending on the cost of a good piece of stock) after I get my lathe running again. I was hoping to just pick up a NOS (New Old Stock) off someone's shelf but if not o-well. Ether way I like little projects.

well I will place it in my to do pile an make that $30 part for $1 or so (depending on the cost of a good piece of stock) after I get my lathe running again. I was hoping to just pick up a NOS (New Old Stock) off someone's shelf but if not o-well. Ether way I like little projects.

DIY!!! RIGHT ON!!! Most folks don't get it, but I'd make a screw before I'd drive to town and pay 30 cents for one! 'Course, it is a long way to town, or it could wait 'til the next trip... But doing it my self, being self-sufficient, means more to me AND the home-built part is better quality than store-bought-china-import...
I have a friend that's been running the same riding mower for about 40 years now! It's mostly been all re-built from parts he's made! :D Good for another 40 years! :cool:

I have a JC Higgins Model 30 semi-auto 22lr, would you be interested in making a firing pin for me? My mother bought it in 1946 for my dad, I would like to get it ready to fire again and past it to my youngest son.

Sorry I am not a gun smith but there are a lot of good ones out there that will make you one to fit your gun. I had to do fine tuning to make it work. Guns that old need to be fitted because they are worn from years of shooting. But good luck.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top