JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wrong, if you have a "marijuana license" you have a marijuana license, if you can roll up that license, smoke it, and get high please post your experience here.

To make an analogy, under your example if you have CWP license and walk into an airport (unarmed) you should be be arrested on "unlawful" weapons possession charges simply by possessing the CWP license.

To clarify, in WA there is no 'Marijuana License' per say. What is required is a note from a doctor. What people are usually refer to is; because most physicians will not write a letter saying they reccomend using Marijuana, instead there are offices that charge a visit fee (usually around $200) and give you a card that has your pic and info, and on the back is a written letter stating "...under RCW----- I believe my patient would benefit from using medical Marijuana for the treatment of _____" along with a signature. Usually they are not peoples regular doctors.

To clarify, in WA there is no 'Marijuana License' per say. What is required is a note from a doctor. What people are usually refer to is; because most physicians will not write a letter saying they reccomend using Marijuana, instead there are offices that charge a visit fee (usually around $200) and give you a card that has your pic and info, and on the back is a written letter stating "...under RCW----- I believe my patient would benefit from using medical Marijuana for the treatment of _____" along with a signature. Usually they are not peoples regular doctors.

For sake of clarity we are speaking of Oregon here as that is the jurisdiction of this ruling and jurisdiction the of the Jackson county Sheriff, not that is shouldn't be the same in WA just that this is where the law was tested and the decision was made in court.

Wrong, if you have a "marijuana license" you have a marijuana license, if you can roll up that license, smoke it, and get high please post your experience here.

To make an analogy, under your example if you have CWP license and walk into an airport (unarmed) you should be be arrested on "unlawful" weapons possession charges simply by possessing the CWP license.

I agree. I mis-spoke. If you use marijuana, even if you have a card, you are an unlawful user as far as the 4473 goes.

no... it says "unlawful use of OR addicted to..."

that "or" might be a littly itty bitty word, but it makes it illegal for you to buy firearms if you drink coffee or use tobacco. was that their intent? no.. but it's the law.

I agree with your statement but drinking coffee or using tobacco hardly qualifies you as an addict. I know a few folks that smoke cigarettes when they are out in a specific social setting. They go for months at a time without smoking. Addicted? Nope. Coffee is the same. You can drink it and not be addicted to it. Marijuana is the same. It has addictive properties to some and none to others.

So many varied opinions...nice to live in a country where they can be freely exchanged. While my original intention was NOT (as I stated) to start a discussion on the medical use of marijuana, the results certainly were enlightening. Whatever your opinion may be, either pro or con, don't lose sight of the most important part of this discussion...a Sheriff selectively enforcing laws of his choosing, then using county funds (the taxpayers money) to fight decisions that go against him. To me, that is the real issue...

I agree with your statement but drinking coffee or using tobacco hardly qualifies you as an addict. I know a few folks that smoke cigarettes when they are out in a specific social setting. They go for months at a time without smoking. Addicted? Nope. Coffee is the same. You can drink it and not be addicted to it. Marijuana is the same. It has addictive properties to some and none to others.

while i agree that many people drink coffee and use tobacco without addiction- i'd bet money it's gonna be less than half a percent of product consumed.

but now we're REALLY splitting hairs

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top