JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My leg will occasionally go numb due to my galco king tuk with my SIG pro...
I'd like some input.
I highly prefer IWB, and I like carrying a full frame. But should I move on to something smaller, buy a different holster, different pants? OWB...? Not sure why because for the first ~6 months with this rig, I had no problems whatsoever.
Any input is appreciated.

I use the same holster with my g23. The only problem I have with it is that I need to tighten my belt a lot to keep it up, though I think my physique is at fault for that and not the holster. Have you tried moving it towards the front and towards the rear? Say from like a 2-5 o'clock position. Also a thinner or thicker belt might help get pressure off of whatever nerve is getting hit. Good luck, I like mine well enough.

I wonder if your pistol is doing the pinching or the holster/belt combination? Thankfully, I've never had this kind of problem. Although a big fan of Galco holsters, for IWB I use SHTF Gear holsters. I find them comfortable and they are very rugged and affordable!
Best of luck with your nerve issue, those things are miserable! SRG

I wonder if your pistol is doing the pinching or the holster/belt combination? Thankfully, I've never had this kind of problem. Although a big fan of Galco holsters, for IWB I use SHTF Gear holsters. I find them comfortable and they are very rugged and affordable!
Best of luck with your nerve issue, those things are miserable! SRG
I second that on the shtf holsters fantastic, was thinking it probably doesn't really have anything to do with the gun or holster. Have you bought a new wallet?

I notice that when I wear an IWB holster my spine shifts slightly and if I carry all day
(meaning IWB without a transition)
Discomfort will set it and Ill get a slight pain in my lower back.

Now, Im a big guy to begin with, I don't quite look it but Im 325.. then again Im 6'6..

Yes, Im a larger individual, but still very active and young, think pro defensive tackle.

Anyhow, my pants and belt are sized to my fit without a firearm.. So when I introduce 2-3 inches
(been carrying a revolver as of late) and still cinch down my belt it does shift things a bit.

What does that all that nonsense mean?.. I sympathize with you. IWB carry isn't for everyone.
One, perhaps body discomfort.
But two, its not well suited for a genuine active life style.
Without proper anchoring it comes loose in crawlspaces and attics and other "activities". It isn't necessarily the perfect method of carry.. Which is why Im an advocate of open carry among other carry methods.
Hope that didn't deviate away from the OP too much.

I have sciatica. This is a pinching of the lower lombar vertebrae which sends pain and numbness down the, generally, outside of the leg to the calf.
Look, I'm 60 now, what do you expect?
You could stick the damn thing down your back or in front but that's not for me.
A couple ibuprofen a day and deal with the pain.
Will

I have sciatica. This is a pinching of the lower lombar vertebrae which sends pain and numbness down the, generally, outside of the leg to the calf.
Look, I'm 60 now, what do you expect?
You could stick the damn thing down your back or in front but that's not for me.
A couple ibuprofen a day and deal with the pain.
Will
...or go to the Chiropractor.

It may not be the holster at all.

IWB has been tricky for me too. I'm 6'1" and 220. And I'm still looking for an IWB rig that works well all day long. I'm about to go OWB and just wear baggy shirts. I have one more IWB that should be here tomorrow. We'll see.

It may make a difference if you shift the holster to a slightly different position, 3:30, 4 o'clock, for example. As for size of carry weapon, while I have never had a Tuk, I have two Crossbreeds, one for my XDm and the other for my 4 inch Kimber. At 41 ounces (loaded) I don't even know its there. A good belt is essential. Just my 2 cents.

I use a good gun belt, ill try transitioning to appendix carry. Not looking forward to retraining my muscle memory. I've been at 4oclock with a SIG 2022 9mm. I'm not sure if I would want to move to something smaller. I'm pretty stubborn like that.
King Tuk is basically a supertuk.
Any local bladetec distributors nearby?

I carry a Glock. 27, using a blade tech "nano" in the appendix position.
Love it...hides well, super comfortable all day long. I drive quite a bit, and it simply disappears when sitting...I don't even feel it.
Picked up my Blade tech at sportsmans warehouse.
Hope it helps...

I find the Blade Tech Nano far more comfortable than a hybrid holster.

Hybrid holsters feel huge to me with that giant piece of leather on my hip. If I trim the leather they start jabbing into me.

The Nano feels considerably smaller not to mention having more positive retention. The kydex is smooth and there are no sharp edges to poke or jab.

I carried IWB with a Kydex holster and a heavy gun belt for six years (mostly either a G19 or a PPS 9mm in a Comp-Tac Infidel holster). The last year I started to get a pain running down my hip and thigh, and then my calf went numb. The pain got so bad I couldn't walk 50 yards... I was stubborn and would not accept that it had to do with carrying, and tried everything else I could think of to make it go away.

I stopped carrying and within six months it disappeared almost completely. I've exercised, stretched, seen a chiropractor, worked out, changed my workout... the only thing that made the pain stop was switching to pocket carry. Just my story, YMMV.

I'd say better belt if you don't have a stiff one. Also I used to carry my m&p and I drove me crazy would my my hips ache carrying it all day. Switched to an xds and it doesn't bother me at all. The m&p now rides owb wen I carry it in a Blackhawk check 6 sits in the small if the back and conceals very well

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top