JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Medic!,
It a continuing research project for sure...I have done pages of work looking into it.
If there is ever any interest in that here... I may polish up my work / findings / thought and post 'em here...
Andy

It's hard work trying to prove provenance. I have tried and failed many times. And succeeded only once.

It would be cool to see what you found on your rifle some time?

I see the reasoning behind a gun is a tool thought process. My EDC is a tool. A tool that I carry every day to make sure that I can take care of my family for as long as the good lord allows me to.

I also have like Andy and Medic have stated a couple that are not and never will be. Not all guns are tools and to some none of them are tools.

It's hard work trying to prove provenance. I have tried and failed many times. And succeeded only once.

It would be cool to see what you found on your rifle some time?

Not sure if I got to see the one in question but Andy does have some sweeeeeeet rifle's. I would love to follow a thread on that one as well. :)

Well...
Since there have been "likes" and such...I'll look over what I have , post some better pictures and get to writing 'bout it...
That said it ain't going to be in the next five minutes....:D
Andy

The article is pretty dumb, it's no harder to dispose of a gun than a banana peel, just take it to the PD if you're so worried about it.

But I agree some guns are more than just the sum of their parts, they either have historical value like Andy's or sometimes even a personal connection like Medic's 1903. I have a beater 1996 ford explorer, and even though it does the same thing as my 1930 model A, I sure dont look at them the same way. Same with my USP, which is just a nice carry gun, or my West german made P226 made the same year I was born, I look at them differently, even though to someone else they might be pretty dang close to the same thing.

Andy, I would also be interested in seeing what you have found on your Flintlock. Feel free to post, I am sure there will be a number of us who would enjoy the read.

Ron

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads