JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I personally think that's crap for the most part.
I do have a couple pump shotguns that I have used for parts because they weren't serviceable anymore. It's just hard for me to destroy a firearm. It just seems wrong to me.

First thing I notice is that the article doesn't allow comments. This is because they know a bunch of people with functioning brains would call BS.

Although I don't support unwanted guns in any way shape or form, because every gun deserves a loving home, what's so hard about taking the "attic borne" box'o guns to the local PD?

Boy talk about a bunch of fake news antigun indoctrination.... Suddenly theres a huge problem with "disposing" of unwanted guns because destrying them is the only way to assure they wont wind up in the wrong hands.

Nevermind the fact that gun stores can only resell them with a background check that anti gunners voted for and would be happy to take them off your hands.

Think of the children!

Make slides!

upload_2018-10-15_14-20-16.jpeg

Not always.
Some guns have a place in history and It would be a shame to loose them.

Others are works of art worth many tens of thousands of dollars.

DSC06824.jpg
So the bottom rifle...
A J. Henry Trade rifle , .50 caliber , circa 1840s ....
Has a interesting carving on the bottom of the stock :
"Bill Willyum's his rifle"
Now there was a famous mountain man named Bill Williams...he trapped in the area where I got the rifle...the rifle is of the time of Bill Williams... it was a commonly found rifle maker , there is a western fur trade distributor's name marked on the barrel... this really Bill William's rifle...?
I don't know...but I damn sure ain't going to dispose of it either way....:D

It is easy to get rid of a gun ...
Sell it...
Gift it...
Turn it in to the local Police Department...
The article in the OP makes a issue when there is none...

So guns are indeed just tools...
Some like my flintlock rifle here are teaching tools , a historic item , a working rifle as in still a shooting and hunting rifle...not just a simple tool....
Firearms mean many things to many people...the same gun can also be different things to the same person.
( @PDXShooter12 )
Andy

I wish people would send the unwanted firearms to Numrich instead of the Police programs. They would probably get more money and I could find parts to some of my older firearms.

Medic!,
It a continuing research project for sure...I have done pages of work looking into it.
If there is ever any interest in that here... I may polish up my work / findings / thought and post 'em here...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads