JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If you had only one (non exotic) magnum to choose from, which one would it be?

• 50 BMG

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 375 H&H

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 338 Lapua

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • 338 Win Mag

• 338 RUM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 300 RUM

• 300 Win Mag

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 7mm RUM

• 7mm Rem Mag

• Anything in a belted Weatherby

• Total voters
Reactions
I don't often think about all the calibers I load and shoot.
However, as I was prepping cases tonight, I thought I'd take an inventory.

Sketch292233222.png

Sketch292233222.png

None of the above. If I was looking again for a "Magnum", I would buy the same as aI had before.
Ruger 375.

If I was choosing off of this list, probably 300 Win Mag.

Would have listed at least 15 more magnums, but the poll list doesn't offer more choices than the 10 items. There are at least 7 Weatherby magnums I can count, and then there's the short magnums too. So many cartridges...

7mm STW, (hand loaded of course), its my go to game dropper out to a long long ways away:eek:

Next is the .338 Lapua..
I've had the Edge and never impressed with case life.

View attachment 270701

I like how my Edge shoots compared to my old Lapua, plus that it's at least 5 lbs lighter (sold the Lapua to a buddy, he lets me shoot it, I reload the rounds). On my third loading of the Edge brass. Will see how many I get out of them. Did you have neck splits or case head issues?
Cabelas Sherwood had a Stainless Rem 700 in 7STW with Nightforce Varminter on it for $1500. I had it on reserve when I was debating that vs. a 7mm Practical. Finally decided I wanted to avoid the belt and try something different. I'll probably be $2K when it's complete, including glass. The rifle will weigh 8 lbs w/o scope.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top