JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Medic!,
It a continuing research project for sure...I have done pages of work looking into it.
If there is ever any interest in that here... I may polish up my work / findings / thought and post 'em here...
Andy

It's hard work trying to prove provenance. I have tried and failed many times. And succeeded only once.

It would be cool to see what you found on your rifle some time?

I see the reasoning behind a gun is a tool thought process. My EDC is a tool. A tool that I carry every day to make sure that I can take care of my family for as long as the good lord allows me to.

I also have like Andy and Medic have stated a couple that are not and never will be. Not all guns are tools and to some none of them are tools.

It's hard work trying to prove provenance. I have tried and failed many times. And succeeded only once.

It would be cool to see what you found on your rifle some time?

Not sure if I got to see the one in question but Andy does have some sweeeeeeet rifle's. I would love to follow a thread on that one as well. :)

Well...
Since there have been "likes" and such...I'll look over what I have , post some better pictures and get to writing 'bout it...
That said it ain't going to be in the next five minutes....:D
Andy

The article is pretty dumb, it's no harder to dispose of a gun than a banana peel, just take it to the PD if you're so worried about it.

But I agree some guns are more than just the sum of their parts, they either have historical value like Andy's or sometimes even a personal connection like Medic's 1903. I have a beater 1996 ford explorer, and even though it does the same thing as my 1930 model A, I sure dont look at them the same way. Same with my USP, which is just a nice carry gun, or my West german made P226 made the same year I was born, I look at them differently, even though to someone else they might be pretty dang close to the same thing.

Andy, I would also be interested in seeing what you have found on your Flintlock. Feel free to post, I am sure there will be a number of us who would enjoy the read.

Ron

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads