JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/189100/arming-europes-jews

"Decent, liberal people believe in reasonable measures. Sadly, the savages who shot Uzan do not. "

"Against such rampant violence, decent, liberal people look up to governments to maintain law and order."

""The government is unable to protect its citizens," Margolin said. "Jewish institutions are a main target, and we need them to monitor and fight against anti-Semitism, but governments do not understand the situation. The serious demand is that every Jewish institution is protected 24/seven. When I pick up my son at the synagogue I want to make sure that he is there and he is alive. It is a very basic request.""

Glock is the new kosher. Wonder how strong the coffee will have to be for America's Jews to wake up? All those years siding with the gun grabbers, then when they need them....

I have read that in Israel Jews who fear for their life go down to the police station and check out an UZI. Seems like a reasonable approach in today's world.

Violence is not is not exclusive to Jews, all people of the world face inhuman threats that operate outside basic human laws. Its time for all people to be allowed to arm themselves. Self determination should not have to be given by a government. it sickens me that people are denied the most basic human right to preserve one life

I have read that in Israel Jews who fear for their life go down to the police station and check out an UZI. Seems like a reasonable approach in today's world.
Not true , Israel has draconian Firearms Restrictions far worse than California. The Armed folks you see walking around Tel Aviv or the Beach at Haifa are CURRENT DUTY MILITARY or police ( sometimes in civilian clothes on a break or waiting for transportation) Only in the settlements are civilians armed somewhat like the 70's & early 80s. New Comers (Especially Americans must wait 4-5 Years and speak fluent hebrew prior to consideration for a permitted weapon (No Handguns) unless in Law Enforcement or Military Service.

Whaaaaat? A "new" citizen must learn the language of their adopted country? What a concept . . .
No wonder the regime is withdrawing support for Israel!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

Not true , Israel has draconian Firearms Restrictions far worse than California. The Armed folks you see walking around Tel Aviv or the Beach at Haifa are CURRENT DUTY MILITARY or police ( sometimes in civilian clothes on a break or waiting for transportation) Only in the settlements are civilians armed somewhat like the 70's & early 80s. New Comers (Especially Americans must wait 4-5 Years and speak fluent hebrew prior to consideration for a permitted weapon (No Handguns) unless in Law Enforcement or Military Service.

Very interesting, when we're you there?

Very interesting, when we're you there?
I WAS going to go there (Perhaps move there) in 2007-10 timeframe but after a few Families from my Temple(Temple Beth Israel Redding Ca.) moved there then returned for visits and told me of the Firearms Restrictions and inability of Recent immigrants to have a Firearm I felt like Shasta County ( Where I have a CCW & 2nd amendment ) will have to do ... :(

I think if I was going to immigrate to another country I would contact that government for the laws on firearms. Reading on the net or hearsay is never as reliable as a government document. I thought about travel over there when I retired to study history but changed my mind as our government has turned away from Israel. Didn't want to be in a US supported Arab Spring against Israel, everyone would want to kill Americans when that happens.

I think if I was going to immigrate to another country I would contact that government for the laws on firearms. Reading on the net or hearsay is never as reliable as a government document. I thought about travel over there when I retired to study history but changed my mind as our government has turned away from Israel. Didn't want to be in a US supported Arab Spring against Israel, everyone would want to kill Americans when that happens.
Looked into it , its not the way it used to be or I would be there with a vast collection of REAL FA XM16 E1 ,XMI77E2 ... weapons & parhaps a FAL ,uzi or Galil in the woodpile but alas I could perhaps have a .22 Bolt Action after much effort so its a no go for me at least.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top